DianeInNashville TN
A
Trying to decide when to retire is made all the more difficult when you look at Buffett dying at 76 and yet Norman Lear is still kicking at 101. It comes down to how do I want to spend the short time I may have left versus how long is the 401(k) money going to have to last? #SundayThoughts
09:33 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Sandie de Rgmt
A
In response to DianeInNashville TN.
I ‘retiréd’ At 69 but still working a couple of days a week plus lots of time with grandkids. Great way to ease into full retirement, whatever that means…. But really it’s just a state of mind… 🙏
09:42 AM - Sep 03, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
The ✅ play. I’m just under 5 years. Love my gig in public radio 🍁 but the commute is murder. I’ll go early, forgo some 💰 pick up a PT gig near 🏡 while I wait for my wife 2 hit retirement. I replaced a person who had 50 yrs in the corp. retired at 70. Waited too long. Can’t travel now 🤷‍♂️
In response to Sandie de Rgmt.
10:19 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Sandie de Rgmt
A
In response to The 3rd Corey.
Gotta make the leap at some time. You never know what’s round the corner. I’ve been travelling to visit friends that I’ve not seen for ages. I need to make sure I spend quality time with the peeps I love 💕
04:31 PM - Sep 03, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
In response to Sandie de Rgmt.
For sure. You never regret the trips & time spent with friends. It’s the things you didn’t do when you could have that you’ll regret.

I’ve worked with a few ppl who never went anywhere. Huge retirement savings. But no life. It’s quite sad.

GFY having priorities right 😊
05:17 PM - Sep 03, 2023
DianeInNashville TN
A
In response to The 3rd Corey.
I’m a couple years away from Medicare and a couple more from SS (want to wait to get the most $). I can go on hubby‘s insurance, find a less stressful gig for less💰 or something part time. After working mostly remotely since 2020, the idea of going to a physical workplace every day is abhorrent.
10:31 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Sandie de Rgmt
A
In response to DianeInNashville TN.
I’m now on SS and my job gives me 💰for fun stuff. House paid up and I can count on NHS for health care here in UK. I’m feeling very lucky 🍀
04:34 PM - Sep 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}