El Pepo
A
As soon as Dems take back the House and hold the Senate and Presidency, it should be a priority to pass a law that protects poll workers as if they were federal employees, to stop this madness by the right wing nut jobs.
Bowerydoll @Bowerydoll
Sure as fuck ain't Dems doing this hateful mess. Stochastic terrorism is the white nationalist GOP's stock & trade.

#NoMoreWhiteTerrorism

https://amsterdamnews.com/...
03:32 PM - Sep 03, 2023
03:38 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Metl Mann
A
In response to El Pepo.
Yes AND they need to come up with federal regulations overriding and nullifying state laws already passed that restrict voting and election fairness.
05:56 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Annette Licitra
A
In response to El Pepo.
Could be rolled into the John Lewis voting rights bill, which the GOP blocked. I think there’s another voting rights bill on hold, too. Taken together, these laws would go a long way to strengthening democratic norms.
05:13 PM - Sep 03, 2023
El Pepo
A
In response to Annette Licitra.
That's would be a good idea, the JL Voting Rights Act is ready to go and could easily be amended to include protections for poll workers.
10:53 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Will Hutchinson
A
In response to El Pepo.
Passing a law is a good first step. Then the feds have to enforce it with zero tolerance and looong prison sentences for offenders. It will take decades.
05:11 PM - Sep 03, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to El Pepo.
I'm contemplating becoming a poll worker this year. I dont spook easily. Threats wont stop me if my service is needed. We should ALL become poll workers and/or observers for 2024. We can expect all kinds of electoral fuckery/attempts to cheat and we need to be in place all over the country...
04:56 PM - Sep 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}