Licia
A
Y'all, I'm fulfilled! #HBCU #marchingband season has begun! I love my people! Just seeing them out there being happy and authentic puts me all up in my positive feels! Alabama State University and Jackson State University are my faves. One regret in life is not attending a HBCU
04:08 AM - Aug 20, 2023 (Edited)
Shouting In The Void
A
In response to Licia.
I didn't get to go to one either. I'm the only one in my household that didn't go to Tennessee State University.
05:40 PM - Sep 02, 2023
Licia
A
Did you want to go to TSU or did you opt for something else? I just went with my local state university because they offered money and eventually a free ticket out of the country. Still...maybe in could go to one and teach a summer session or something.
In response to Shouting In The Void.
01:52 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Shouting In The Void
A
In response to Licia.
Because of a something that happened right when I graduated from HS, I was encouraged to go elsewhere. I wanted to go there- I'd been around the college since I was a child (relatives went there).
04:58 PM - Sep 04, 2023 (Edited)
Licia
A
In response to Shouting In The Void.
I'm so sorry you didn't get your chance. What happened right after you graduated HS isn't my business, but I have to wonder if whatever was worth people encouraging you to go elsewhere and breaking your heart. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, so I'm trying to make decisions now with better vision.
05:46 PM - Sep 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}