Professor Kyle
A
Truth–college degrees get more and more expensive with less $ spent on state university systems (Biden wanted to change that but Repubs, Manchin, & Sinema have stopped it). And folks on the right...& some on the left...attack the value of college when it's the best way to pull people out of poverty.
LilTaiz @LilTaiz
Mind numbing. After too many years of that crap, moved to CA was able to enroll in Community College ($5 per semester for the ID) and then CSU for BA and MA, then the UC for the PhD. Saved my sanity. So much harder for folks to make that shift today. $$$
12:38 PM - Sep 04, 2023
01:15 PM - Sep 04, 2023
Annette McDermott, ssj
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Could not agree more.
03:27 PM - Sep 04, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
When I went to a state school, Bloomsburg University, for college in the late 90s, I remember how shocked we all were that senior year would be just a nudge over $10,000. We'd been a 4 figure school forever. In 2023, it cost $25,000, in state, to attend Bloomsburg.
01:29 PM - Sep 04, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Yeah, it's far outpaced inflation without an equal increase in available financial aid. The cost is starting to slow or even shrink a bit, but only because many colleges are struggling, and it's still very high for many.
04:20 PM - Sep 04, 2023
LilTaiz
A
Our union pushed for free higher ed for years. When my kids were small I had to be on AFDC (welfare/food stamps) along with student aid and loans (which took me donkey’s years to pay off) . If we are asked to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps we have to have some boots.
01:22 PM - Sep 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}