Trauma Epidemic
A
thread 1/4
While the feeling/sentiment (anger) is valid (based on past and current *parts of* reality) and understandable, the current reality disproves the overstated ("always") expression of it:
"The Biden administration is seeking $1.4 billion in emergency funding"

A continuation of this administration…
Lola Gayle @LolaGayleC
😡 Why do poor people always get treated like they're expendable? 😡

WAPO - Poor families could see cuts to food aid as Congress battles over budget
05:36 AM - Sep 05, 2023
05:47 AM - Sep 05, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
thread 2/4
could potentially come down to influencing swing (or otherwise non-) voters to #BidenHarris2024 through a focus on the unprecedented support they've provided to indebted students, workers, and the poor.

Alternative expression: 'I'm angry about how the poor have been exploited *and* grateful for …'
05:51 AM - Sep 05, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
thread 3/4
I knowingly take the risk of 'making an example of' someone's spout on this platform--in part because I'm confident that people here are generally understanding of the intent and bigger picture goals that we have in common. It's a conundrum.
#EveryLittleBitHelps
05:57 AM - Sep 05, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
thread 4/4
In answer to Lola's reasonable question, I suspect that the #GaslightersOnParade are comfortable with exploiting the poor, knowing that they're used to being exploited--and then manipulated into supporting the party--because they've experienced neglect and abuse much of their lives. It's 'normal'.
06:01 AM - Sep 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}