Nikolai_Raven
A
I'm starting work on a travel itinerary for France. Anyone been there? What do you suggest?

Besides Paris, I mean?
#travel #mytravel
09:50 AM - Sep 04, 2023
Travel Buff
A
In response to Nikolai_Raven.
Starting early you might be able to book online for caves with Paleolithic art. Starting with the Dordogne, we went to about 6 different caves. Including Pau, Foix, Miaux, and others. I'd have to check my notes. Spectacular, + I wonder how long they will be open to the public.
04:30 PM - Sep 05, 2023
Nikolai_Raven
A
THIS is a really cool idea! I never would have thought of it if you didn't suggest it!
In response to Travel Buff.
08:56 PM - Sep 05, 2023
Travel Buff
A
We sort of used the Paleolithic caves as our central theme. And used Martin Walker's as the culinary and social guide through the region. We found a website of his where he discusses the towns in his stories.
10:59 PM - Sep 05, 2023
Travel Buff
A
That area is the Perigord. For fun, pick up "The Caves of Perigord" by Martin Walker. It is a fictional acct of 3 times in the existence of the Paleolithic Art. When it was created, during the Resistance, and 'today'. Walker writes the Inspector Bruno series set in the Dordogne villages.
10:53 PM - Sep 05, 2023
Travel Buff
A
It is an area filled with great food, great wine, small villages. With the river along your side. Stay in Les Eyzies or that area for easy day-trip access to the caves in the Dordogne. Find out what day is Market Day in those towns. Nothing like a morning market in a French village.
10:28 PM - Sep 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}