My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 1/6
So sisters are out here sharing their safety tips for other women on how to deal with predatory harassment from insecure, weak-ego-having men who believe they're entitled to a stranger's attention. This woman advises getting a second number so you can screen your calls. 🧵
Women’s safety 101- what to do when being approached - YouTube

Ladies, your safety is a top priority & (this is NOT an ad). #womenempowerment #safetyfirst #safetytips #women

09:28 AM - Sep 06, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 2/6
I'm frustrated just watching this, because I know she's not "doing too much." The threat she's describing is real, and women AND GIRLS do bear the primary burden for avoiding attacks from men who become dangerous when they don't get the attention they want.
09:30 AM - Sep 06, 2023 (Edited)
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 3/6
When I was a tween, I read an article about how some guys sicced their dog on a girl because she didn't welcome their advances. Scared the shit out of me. I perfected my mean mug when my mom would send me to the mailbox for her, which was across the street from some corner boys.
09:32 AM - Sep 06, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 4/6
By the time I was grown, it was phone, wallet, keys... mean mug. Since age 11 or so, I've been looking mean as hell in public for no reason but preemptive self defense.

Especially at men who are "just being friendly" by suggesting that I smile.
09:36 AM - Sep 06, 2023 (Edited)
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 5/6
They got these aggrieved men out here mad because a term like "toxic masculinity" exists. They're, what? Angry about how they're being perceived? Instead of being angry about how children have to learn at an early age to be afraid of how they could be maimed or killed by strangers?
09:40 AM - Sep 06, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 6/6
I'm mad that there's a fleet of YouTube videos and memes devoted to helping women protect themselves from shit like acid attacks. We should all be mad that each woman is on her own out here, because our society accepts and expects that men will tantrum.
09:44 AM - Sep 06, 2023
Rosetta
A
In response to Dyan London.
Good job!
12:21 PM - Sep 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}