Ola
A
thread 1/29
After my 7 months of active engagement here, spouting everyday, this thread is my first GENERAL ASSESSMENT of Spoutible in relation to some people's complaints.

I assure you, I am going to be honest. Maybe some of you will not like it. Well! we're adults, we can agree to disagree. ✌️
05:19 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 2/29
Please be patient and read to the end before you reply.

Let's go!

I have been here since the first day, and I have spouted good, excellent, and exciting spouts, and a lot of people have attested to this. Check my timeline.

I am not one of those who are negative about Spoutible

My First Spout.👇️
05:23 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 3/29
As you can see, I love it here, and I am having fun with you guys. I believed in this platform from day one, and I think that Bouzy and his team have done a really good job in a short time and with limited resources.

However, a few things that people are complaining about are true

My 2nd Spout.👇️
05:25 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 4/29
-- Is it generally too political? To some extent, YES
-- Does it feel like a democrats platform? ABOSOLUTELY.

But these two characteristics don't make it a bad platform, or unwelcoming; on the contrary, it can be a good democrats platform. Why not? These don't mean that people who don't like to...
05:29 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 5/29
get involved in politics aren't welcome.

You can make your timeline what you want it to be. You don't have to open Explore; I rarely do. You can stay connected with your followers on your timeline.

If you think that Spoutible is too political, start spouting things that aren’t political...
05:31 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 6/29
If your spout is exciting, you’ll get interactions.

Ironically, the people spouting politics also want to laugh and read exciting threads. Everywhere, people generally love to laugh, irrespective of what they are going through.

As long as a spout is in line with Spoutible rules and policies,..
05:33 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 7/29
if you don't like a spout, you can still engage like adults do, ignore it, or just make use of your mute and block buttons. You don't get to tell people what to say on social media, and this is also for the Democrats on this platform.

Added to these, a few days ago, someone complained that there're
05:35 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 8/29
groups that only talk to themselves, and it makes it look somehow weird. Well, no one stopped you from creating your own groups & interacting with yourselves; as long as everyone obeyed the platform rules & policies, everyone should be welcome.

Also, no one stopped you from joining the groups..
05:36 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 9/29
and engaging in banter or camaraderie with them. Some of these people have been here since the first day; they now know each other and trust each other; your objections to their style of engagement don't matter to them.

Group conversation is part of what social media is all about.
05:37 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 10/29
Another complaint is that people always queue to group attack other people who don't agree with them politically.

I think that this is bit complicated, and there is no point trying to deny it.

I personally don't engage in politics because the only thing that gets me overly emotional & agitated..
05:39 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 11/29
on social media is politics. If you tell me to vote for a convicted man who is a confirmed racist and publicly said you can "grab women by the pussy", I will be angry with you as well.

That said, people here need to start engaging with people who disagree with their political opinions constructive
05:42 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 12/29
and in a civilized manner. If you find it difficult to engage people in a civilized manner and you can't ignore them, use your block button. If their spouts do not contravene Spoutible rules and policies, and they are not trolls or insulting anyone, in my opinion, I think it is childish to...
05:43 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 13/29
screen-shot people spouts because you don't like it and post on your timeline to set them up for attacks from your group. It is a despicable behaviors, and that is actually trolling personified

If you think an account is a troll, report it and let the Spoutible team handle it from there. Simple.
05:45 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 14/29
Also, the reality is that people generally tend to judge a platform based on the owner's or CEO's opinions on politics and issues. And we all know who Bouzy is rightfully and unapologetically supporting.

People see this, and they conclude.
05:46 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 15/29
Spoutible is still very young, and this platform needs people. You are not helping Spoutible by insulting people who disagree with you, politically.

You and your group of followers may be enjoying the platform and your freedom, but overall, this behavior will not get the platform anywhere,...
05:48 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 16/29
and in the long run, it isn't financially sustainable.

You need people. This is another reality that some people do not like to hear on this platform. It is expensive to keep a social media platform like Spoutible functioning effectively.

Like I said in one of my spouts, disagreements are a...
05:50 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 17/29
common part of life. Even twins that lived in the same womb for several months and were born on the same day by the same mother disagree.

Not all the time someone disagrees with you on this platform; you’ll be arguing and agitating. Sometimes, ignore it and go drink two glasses of water.
05:51 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 18/29
If someone or group of people are not happy with you on Spoutible, your body will be happy with you for drinking water. Drink water. Come back and drop another beautiful spout.🤣

Listen, my Spoutible friends, no different group of people can agree on everything, and irreconcilable differences...
05:53 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 19/29
do not mean you cannot continue to feel emotionally connected with another person.

Feeling accepted, even if they disagree with your opinion, can increase intimacy and closeness. You can dislike somebody and acknowledge them when they do the right thing, and you can like some and disagree when...
05:57 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 20/29
they do what you think is wrong.

Now, I understand that there are actual people who are evil, but we still need to understand that, generally, people are not inherently GOOD or BAD; they act based on a system of reward and punishment.

This is reality.
05:58 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 21/29
As for people complaining that no one is engaging their spouts, well, that has absolutely nothing to do with the platform but everything to do with you.

Spoutible is not Twitter. It is different in many ways. In my opinion, what you need to do is study what the people getting the engagement here...
06:00 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 22/29
are doing, learn from it, and change things a little on your end.

Also, it is worthy to note that this platform is just 7 months old with very few people, and a large number of those people are from the USA and Canada, with substantial numbers of those people rightfully invested in America....
06:02 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 23/29
politics, LGBT, and just issues happening in their backyards. You cant blame the for that. Politics affect people and it is critical in people's life.

Also, there are people who are mostly interested in cats and dogs, some are interested in flowers, some foods, and, there is the Sussex Squared.🤣
06:05 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 24/29
which is mostly interested only in Prince Harry and Meghan, just like other celebrity fans everywhere on social media. There is the Spoutible Classic Group, which posts music daily. etc. So, if you spout about a snake that killed a goat in Australia, maybe no one will engage the spout. And It is..
06:07 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 25/29
not that people don't see it; it does not just resonate with them, or they just don't find it interesting enough for engagement. It could also be that you are not following or interacting with enough people on the timeline.

As if these were not enough, there are huge numbers of....
06:08 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 26/29
charming elderly people here. Most of these elderly people have lived life and seen it all. What can you possibly tell them?🤷‍♂️

And there are people like me who are just here, don't belong to any group, and just want to spout whatever comes into their minds, engage with anyone and everything,...
06:10 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 27/29
and get it moving.

As long as it does not contravene Spoutible RULES & POLICIES, you are free to decide what you want to be on Spoutible; however, you cannot decide that people must like what you are. No social media works that way.

It is more, but I am not about to write a book about Spoutible.😅
06:12 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 28/29
Overall, the reality is that Spoutible has improved tremendously since its launch in February, and it will obviously continue improving.

Find your group on the timeline, spout, improve your engagement, and continue improving.

Life is continuous!

Read My Captivating True Story About Spoutible.👇️
06:17 AM - Sep 07, 2023
Ola
A
thread 29/29
Thank you for engaging my spouts and thank you for reading. May your day be blessed with pleasant surprises!

Do enjoy your day to the fullest. Cheers!
Happy Spouting! 🐳 💦 🤗🥰
06:19 AM - Sep 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}