bronxelf
A
thread 1/7
Oh I see we're at the "Trump or Death" portion of this show. Ok, settle in, I have a few things to say about this.

Are there some people that are on that train? Yes. Of course there are. Are they a "movement", per se? No. Not anymore. The vast majority of them were rounded up after 1/6.
05:39 PM - Sep 07, 2023
bronxelf
A
thread 2/7
This includes their organizational and leadership infrastructure, and those folks aren't going to see the outside of a prison for some time.

This has created a chilling effect on the rest of them. They no longer have the element of surprise. They can assume all orgs. are infiltrated with FBI.
05:42 PM - Sep 07, 2023
bronxelf
A
thread 3/7
And I dont mean the "friendly to their goals and aims" FBI, either. I mean "The FBI that is tired of their bullshit."

Even the GOP has splintered, badly, understanding that he will destroy the party unless they can offload him.

This new "Trump or Die" bullshit is largely a seeding operation.
05:43 PM - Sep 07, 2023
bronxelf
A
thread 4/7
It makes them look larger and more organized than they are. We can see this in the (very small) number of supporters that have come out as DJT has been arrested or gone into court this year. The numbers aren't there. His "army of the faithful" has been decimated to where they're doing PR stunts.
05:45 PM - Sep 07, 2023
bronxelf
A
thread 5/7
That's not to imply there is zero danger, but the danger is not from an organized movement. It's from "lone wolf" (an absolute insult to wolves) actors that can be picked off one by one (and a reason to strengthen federal domestic terrorism statutes.). That's a different problem to a mass army.
05:46 PM - Sep 07, 2023
bronxelf
A
thread 6/7
All that said, since they mention it, if they want to drop dead when they don't get their way, I am in no way going to try and stop them as long as they don't take anyone else with them. *shrug* That's like "Im never shopping here again!"

"Do you promise?"

Point is, this is a bad combover.
05:48 PM - Sep 07, 2023
bronxelf
A
thread 7/7
It's designed to hide the fact that the most rabid, organized efforts supporting DJT have been in disarray since the aftermath of 1/6 and there is no organized support that can take their place in the same way. They're all being watched now.

Don't let them scare you.

/end
05:49 PM - Sep 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}