Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
I hate when white people, or any people, call Black people "classy" for not stooping to their level when they say covert or overt shit about us. We shouldn't have to be "classy." Y'all get to be rude, bitter, and racist yet we must always take the high road or suffer even more racist treatment.
10:04 AM - Sep 08, 2023
Wayne Spencer
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
It's easy to shoot at the high road from down there in the bushes.
12:42 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Barb W (ν)
A
10:59 AM - Sep 08, 2023
Ground Control
A
And you know, I HATE that for you because it's bullshit. I'd go so far as to say that any non-cishet white person likely has more cause to be rude, bitter than cishet white folk. But, because the system is counting on that behavior, you have to hold it in. I don't see how you do it.
10:42 AM - Sep 08, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Ground Control.
It's why so many of us die early from cancer, high blood pressure, heart attacks, and strokes. Holding in all that bile is terrible.
11:05 AM - Sep 08, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
I heard Sunny Hosting on The View say (I'm paraphrasing) when they go low, turn into an ant and drag them down.
10:12 AM - Sep 08, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
Oh for sure. I hate the Obamas for that "when they go low, we go high" shit. STFU! When they go low, at the very least we call them out on it and make sure they know we know. Then we respectfully cuss them the fuck out...it's not like we don't know how. We've been doing it for a century or more.
10:17 AM - Sep 08, 2023
My Flying Car 2020
A
Our classiness has often been the result of survival mechanism. We haven't subscribed to some mythology of nobility in suffering so much as we know it's most expedient to not invite the pile on.
10:07 AM - Sep 08, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
I absolutely do not disagree with you. Hell, we do it at work 3x a week. I just loathe that it has to be. I loathe that in 2023 its still encouraged as a survival tactic and a way to move through the world without being subject to extreme verbal or even physical violence from white people.
10:10 AM - Sep 08, 2023
Amy Brooks
A
It is BS, right?
10:06 AM - Sep 08, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Amy Brooks.
150%. It's just another way of keeping us in this humble, heads down, make no trouble space while they step on our spleen, literally or figuratively. Black women especially tire of putting up with it and are eviscerated when they refuse to play that game. Case in point, Serena Williams.
10:08 AM - Sep 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}