Grant AF
A
thread 1/6
I need an explainer here. What does it mean to folks when I say I'm a progressive when it comes to politics? Why the hate for progressives here on Spoutible? Another post today from a popular page calling out "progressives" for swarmy online actions. That type of divisiveness is why I left twitter.
02:11 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Grant AF
A
thread 2/6
Any group that spews hate does not align with my progressive views or that of the progressive people I work and associate with. In fact, progressives are working hard to help asylum seekers everyday here in my city. Working hard to elect more socially conscious leaders to represent us
02:15 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Grant AF
A
thread 3/6
in the face of the ever growing extreme wealth gap that puts people last when it comes to values.
02:17 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Grant AF
A
thread 4/6
I am the father of two trans children. They are my world. Anyone trying to harm them has to go through me first. Claiming progressives are anti trans is a mistake that does a disservice to good people. Maybe the people claiming to be progressive or coming off as one aren't really what they say they
02:23 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Grant AF
A
thread 5/6
especially if they sound like trump supporters in their interactions with you.

Sorry, I'm not good at this thread thing. But I had to say something. I came to Spoutible looking to escape that hateful rhetoric and feel compelled to call it out. We are stronger together than we are apart.
02:25 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Grant AF
A
thread 6/6
Just an explainer here to those extremists that blocked me along with rude comments. I'm not a White boy. Not that that should matter. I'm a mixed race Latino in my 50s raising three beautiful children. Two are trans & the third is special needs. We are progressives working hard for positive change.
09:50 PM - Sep 08, 2023
uOMi
A
In New Mexico gun safety has just been declared an emergency, kids get free meals, the biggest solar/ wind project just broke vround expected to make billions and create green jobs. Internet is coming to indigenous communities, EBT was doubled during Covid, electric cars replace conventional ones.
In response to Grant AF.
06:07 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Grant AF
A
In response to uOMi.
Our governor here in Illinois just passed new gun legislation too. Happy our voices were finally heard.
06:12 PM - Sep 08, 2023
uOMi
A
In response to Grant AF.
We had more tragedies yet, but we have a willful Governor, something may come out of this yet.
06:30 PM - Sep 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}