Alex Morss
A
thread 1/2
Any top crowdfunding sites/ ideas welcome please. I’m based in the uk, I’m independent. This is a very important public interest science topic & my research/writing time needs funding. I’ve written number 1 best selling & award wining children’s books but this will be my 1st adult book.
06:02 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Alex Morss
A
thread 2/2
@cbouzy thank you so much for sharing my post Chris! ❤️
06:45 AM - Sep 09, 2023
Alex Morss
A
Thanks yes that’s a good tip and it’s a dilemma when crowdfunding if you can’t really tell people what it is!
But hopefully people can see that I’ve done a lot of public interest science work & that this will be worth it. I might offer an incentive to donate, I’m not sure what yet!
In response to Max Prophet.
06:04 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to Alex Morss.
But you don't want to give away your profit if you self publish. 🫤
06:45 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Max Prophet
A
Also this...
06:42 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Alex Morss
A
Also, I’m not sure yet if it will be published or self published. My previous books were commercially published, but I need a cash advance to fund this one (publishers are not great on that) and because of the amount of work involved, and I want total content control… so those are my priorities.
06:09 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Max Prophet
A
I get so pissed when I see a film by and then the director's name when he didn't write the novel that it's based on. And then the novelist gets their credit at the end of the film after all of the credits when the audience has already left. Y
06:42 PM - Sep 09, 2023
Max Prophet
A
If you have an agent from your prior publications that is who you should approach before you crowdfund. And if your fiction is based on your nonfiction science background that's a plus.

I figure you already know this. But thought it's worth saying again even though you do.
06:47 PM - Sep 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}