Stephen Gregory
A
What's a "Science Thought" that freaks you out?
One of mine is the fact that when we look at stars (or especially through deep space telescopes) we are seeing an image of what was happening YEARS ago. The stars could all be burned out, and we wouldn't know it yet! 😱
01:17 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Ginger Ninja
A
In response to Stephen Gregory.
Bears don't have regular collarbones like humans do, so if it can fit its head in somewhere, it can squeeze the rest of its body in too. Like one day you come home and left the window half open for breeze, & boom there is a full size bear in your kitchen helping itself to your fridge
09:52 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Stephen Gregory
A
In response to Ginger Ninja.
Wow. Yeah, I have always thought that bears are probably more of a danger to humans than most people think. Maybe that's why my hikes tend to not be that insanely long. I also don't trust tents at night. Camp in your cars, people! 😊
12:02 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Jim Flanigan
A
That everything in space tries to kill you in one way or another
09:48 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Lucky
A
The Chicxulub impactor was ~100 million megaton hit. The world's nuclear arsenal is ~4,000 megatons.

The Earth is pretty resilient. We may be dead but the Earth will still be kickin'. 😁
09:46 AM - Feb 23, 2023 (Edited)
Indigo
A
I think it's incredible that it can rain diamonds on Neptune, Uranus, and Saturn. Their atmospheres have such extreme pressure that they can crystallize carbon atoms and turn them into diamonds. It's speculated that it rains 2.2 million pounds of diamonds on parts of Saturn every year. Wow!
02:43 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Stephen Gregory
A
In response to Indigo.
Yeah, that theory is bizarre
03:01 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Mynxie
A
Years ago a friend told me to google image search for eyelash mites, so I did.

I still think about it daily and rub the eff out of my eyes
02:07 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Stephen Gregory
A
In response to Mynxie.
Oh, yeah...I draw the line at microscopic photos of mites and stuff. Nope!
02:09 AM - Feb 23, 2023
M Kaur
A
Astronomers: Black hole found 3 million light years away.
Me: Buddy I need to know where that damn thing is right now, not 3 million years ago.
02:03 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Stephen Gregory
A
In response to M Kaur.
Exactly!
02:05 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Phoenician
A
One of my most disturbing thoughts is one put forward in Lui Cixan’s ‘Three Body’ series. In it, he logically postulates that for a species to announce itself to the cosmos is to court death, from predator species who see every one else as a threat. And we’ve been sending out radio waves for decades
01:31 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Stephen Gregory
A
In response to Phoenician.
Ooooooh, that's a GOOD one!
Or a BAD one...depending on one's perspective, I suppose. 🙂
01:34 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Stephen Gregory
A
Maybe I should have told people to take a Xanax before reading that last spout 🤪
01:21 AM - Feb 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}