The Diva
A
thread 1/3
Kamala Harris was AG in California for the entire time I was actively doing racial and social justice organizing work. Much of that work was around mass incarceration, police reform, and immigration. We were often at odds with her office.
03:56 PM - Sep 11, 2023 (Edited)
The Diva
A
thread 2/3
There is a saying in organizing: No permanent allies, no permanent enemies. & often you had to orient yourself to being aligned with someone you fought viciously against a few weeks ago. When I 1st started doing that work, it was a hard pivot for me until I fully understood the strategic imperative.
03:58 PM - Sep 11, 2023
The Diva
A
thread 3/3
So I had a very strong opinion against Kamala Harris when she first threw her hat in the ring for president. Nonetheless, I happily voted for the Biden/Harris ticket. I'm so glad they won and I am so glad that I get to experience VP Harris in a different way now. Here's to a successful bid in 2024.
04:01 PM - Sep 11, 2023
Chance
B
In response to The Diva.
Boy that was a hard pivot but I won't make that same decision after what she said about REPARATIONS and BLACK people that CHICK will NEVER get my vote FUCK her and her political ambitions
05:16 PM - Sep 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}