Pamela B'well
A
thread 1/8
#SpoutibleMakes

I found a quote that I thought might help my reluctant kindergartener, my granddaughter Molly, who worried she might not find a friend.

That thought launched a nice little project.
11:05 PM - Sep 12, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 2/8
I thought about Molly’s big brother Jack, and how he is the opposite: outgoing and ready to meet everyone.

I realized that Molly is the child who seeks the friend behind a stranger’s face, and Jack is the stranger, waiting to be a friend.

Let me frame this quote for Jack too.

And then…
12:17 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 3/8
Mila came to mind, child of my other daughter, cousin to Jack and Molly.

She’s also started kindergarten but she sailed off to her new classroom with barely a wave. She’s the “Jack” of that outfit. She’s the stranger who will welcome reluctant friends.
12:21 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 4/8
Her toddler sister started Montessori school. My son’s stepdaughter was entering first grade. My great-nephew was now a kindergartener.

All the little people in my world were starting something new this year.

They each needed to have this beautiful quote to inspire them to seek out new friends.
12:26 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 5/8
So, here are the first six little framed quotes I’ve made so far.

#SpoutibleMakes
12:30 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 6/8
#SpoutibleMakes
Here’s how I made them.

I found these small frames at the Dollar Store. (They’re meant to be used at a reception so people can find their table seating.)
12:35 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 7/8
I experimented with different fonts and font sizes, printed them on different papers and used the glass to trace where to cut.

#SpoutibleMakes .
12:48 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 8/8
I realized that I’m not “Nana” to my great-nephew so needed to cover the “XOXO, Nana,” and that’s when I started adding other elements to the quotes.
That was a happy development.

#SpoutibleMakes
02:51 AM - Sep 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}