Beth RN
A
Covid boosters are safe for almost everyone.

Covid boosters are effective at preventing severe disease for almost everyone.

Florida surgeon general, (Ladapo) is a moron.

After 3 years, I’ve still never helped intubate a vaccinated person.

Cannot say the same for unvaccinated. #medspoutible
09:53 PM - Sep 13, 2023 (Edited)
Say_it_straight
A
In response to Beth RN.
He was installed by another moron, something else to keep in mind.
04:04 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Koronin
A
In response to Beth RN.
My husband is going to ask about getting it at his doctor's apt on Friday. I'll get mine next month when I get the flu shot. Just need to find out which local place has which one. I've had Moderna from the beginning and would just prefer to stay with that one.
02:39 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Florida Redhead
A
In response to Beth RN.
Did I hear correctly today that the new shot is not a booster but a totally NEW vaccine? That in coming years it will likely be combined with or like a yearly flu shot?
11:25 PM - Sep 13, 2023
jim Novak
A
In response to Florida Redhead.
I'm under the same impression - that this year's version is different enough from last year that a new vaccine is needed. Apparently it mutates rapidly.
12:07 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Beth RN
A
In response to Florida Redhead.
So, sort of, (both?). The new vaccine is similar enough that it will be recognized by your existing immune cells from your original series, thereby reactivating “boosting” existing immunity, and yet also different enough that it will hopefully cause a unique response as well.
07:18 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Beth RN
A
In response to Beth RN.
I should clarify; I have helped intubate plenty of vaccinated people for trauma or other (non-covid) medical emergencies, but not covid related, vaccinated intubations.
10:00 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Sal E
A
In response to Beth RN.
I've got a 9 am Monday appointment...
09:59 PM - Sep 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}