Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
My mother always said the lord never gives you more than you can handle. At my darkest times I'd tell her she was wrong, that he damn sure would. Let's recap: in the last 7 days, I lost my cat, virtually lost my job, and now I'm losing my oldest friend. That's damn sure more than I can handle.
07:43 PM - Sep 16, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
My Dad’s diagnosis with cancer last October seemed like the end of the world to me. He’s still here, fighting, and doing well, thankfully. My sister passing away this past March was another blow I wasn’t sure I’d survive. I can relate to how you’re feeling. (Cont.)
07:54 PM - Sep 16, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
In response to Khrissy Choate.
Instead of saying “the lord won’t ever give you more than you can handle,” I prefer to say “the lord will pick you up and carry you when life knocks you down.”
07:56 PM - Sep 16, 2023
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
I am so sorry. You're really going through it right now. It's hard and it sucks and it's absolutely not fair, and it certainly can feel like it's all too damn much. Bad things often seem to happen all at once, life can really be a bitch that way.
07:53 PM - Sep 16, 2023
Phoenician
A
I’ve studied the Bible, and I never felt that God never gives us more than we can handle. Jesus begged the Lord to take his cup away; that sure sounds like more than He could handle. God desires “…a broken heart and contrite spirit…” That also sounds like it may require more than we can handle.
07:52 PM - Sep 16, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Phoenician.
Look st my man Job, we all know it's a lie. Probably made up by preachers to keep folks I pews when they were all the way down and thus money in the collection plate.

My mom studied the Bible too. Out here lying in the name of the Lord.
07:55 PM - Sep 16, 2023
NTropy Sellers
A
Oh, no. Major big virtual hugs. My condolences on your cat. And the job - I hope that turns around fast for you. I am so sad to read this. I lost a dear old friend last weekend, too. ♥️💔
07:47 PM - Sep 16, 2023
Be Human
A
Oh I'm rooting for you 🤗
07:45 PM - Sep 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}