Duality ACAB
A
Reminder that Spoutible is not Twitter.

It does not have an algorithm that pops things into your feed that it thinks you will like.

YOU are the algorithm.

Echo things you want your followers to see.

Just hiting the heart button does not increase the Spout's reach.
#SpoutibleTip
04:50 PM - Feb 23, 2023 (Edited)
Evelyn B.
B
In response to Duality ACAB.
👍🏿❤️
02:12 PM - Apr 03, 2024
Mary Lou
A
I didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know.
11:18 PM - Feb 18, 2024
Agingfashionably
A
Thank you. I didn’t realize that.
02:44 PM - Sep 05, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:30 PM - Jul 30, 2023
Charlie Ricci
A
No algorithms & the edit button are the 2 best things about Spoutible.
09:01 PM - Jul 26, 2023
Forest Fairy
A
How do you get your feed to show you spouts from people you follow instead of a few spouts over and over from a few people? @cbouzy
09:26 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Duality ACAB
A
In response to Forest Fairy.
Timeline = people you follow and their echos.
Explore = everyone

This is still a beta version of the platform and it is changing with every update. The timeline is clunky and it forces me back to the top of the list everytime I go in and out of a thread. I stick to explore mainly because of that
10:58 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Duality ACAB
A
In response to Forest Fairy.
I think you are referring to echos of the same spout over and over again. There is no fix other than to not follow people that only echo.
10:59 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Rita J
A
While that feature is nice because BS does not purposely invade my feed, I wish there was a way to create circles to discuss mutual interests. Example we have a local election coming up so would be nice to target poat to discuss options with those in my area.
11:33 AM - Feb 27, 2023 (Edited)
Duality ACAB
A
In response to Rita J.
Maybe a “Pod”/group to join to keep conversations going? @cbouzy
12:48 AM - Feb 28, 2023
Liney
A
No judgment please 🥹. Not sure I understand the ‘no algorithm’ thing. Looking for some clarity ☺️.
-A ‘like’ doesn’t notify others about the spout? Just the original spouter is notified that someone liked their spout?
-You don’t have to both spout and echo your same post for others to see it?
11:09 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Duality ACAB
A
In response to Liney.
A "like" notifies people you know when they see it, that you "liked" it. An "echo" shares it to all your followers on their timeline.

The "no algorithm" thing compared to Twitter is that Twitter will "suggest" tweets to you based on what it thinks you will like based on previous. Spoutible won't
01:32 AM - Feb 26, 2023
Duality ACAB
A
In response to Liney.
No judgement. I promise. I had to learn just like you did. We are all new to this platform.
01:32 AM - Feb 26, 2023
LaRonda Robinson
A
Thank you. I am learning as I backstroke. 💦🐳💦
01:48 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Scorpio Venom
A
Maybe algorithms are a good thing? I'm here for news & politics, period. I'm seeing frequent requests for "no politics" posts. I'm not here to see food plates & wordle posts. On echoing, the site is still small & echoing results in stuffing feeds with countless duplicate posts.
12:28 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Duality ACAB
A
In response to Scorpio Venom.
If you want to limit your feed, my suggestion would be to follow less people. There is not currently an option to mute only Echos or individuals. It is block or everything at this time. @cbouzy and his team are probably working on these types of features now. We just need to let them know.
02:08 PM - Feb 25, 2023
ZaRdOz420WPN
A
In response to Scorpio Venom.
I think algorithms are a good thing, and that the lack of one is a problem.
07:56 PM - Dec 02, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
t’s phenomenal! I was thinking about how the “feel” is so different and peaceful and wondered - have any of us ever been free and unplagued by algorithms on social media ? Did we even know what it could be like? Maybe that’s the peace I’m feeling and it’s good.
05:19 PM - Feb 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}