ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 1/2
My first #AA meeting is this week. 3 plus years sober and I know I can’t do this on my own anymore. I know my brother would be really proud for asking for the help I need.

As they say on #criminalminds , “wheels up!” It’s time to keep fighting.

#alcoholicsanonymous #spoutible
08:44 PM - Sep 18, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 2/2
I have been through a lot in the past four years. Lost my brother, lost two uncles, my cousin was murdered, my abusive ex died in a house fire, lost three dear friends to cancer and dementia, diagnosed with epilepsy, then there was #covid . I’m really having a tough time. I need the help.
08:49 PM - Sep 18, 2023 (Edited)
ecsbrooklyn
A
In response to ميجان the Librarian.
That's a lot. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all of that.
09:07 PM - Sep 18, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
In response to ecsbrooklyn.
Yeah, this year has been one of the worst. Lost two uncles and two dear family friends (both of whom I knew for at least 30 years) since December.
09:08 PM - Sep 18, 2023
Roxy Meloni
A
In response to ميجان the Librarian.
You stayed sober through all the horror that happened to you? That is amazing! Both my parents are in AA as well. You will find some great people there and get the support you need. Bravo for being brave enough to go to your first meeting. Wishing you continued success.
08:57 PM - Sep 18, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
In response to Roxy Meloni.
The year my brother died, I am pretty sure I drank a lot. But I stopped shortly after covid hit and I haven’t touched booze since. I’ve definitely been tempted though
08:59 PM - Sep 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}