Ben Trammell
A
As a teacher, I feel handcuffed by my inability to address what feels like the imminent threat of fascism in the United States because we are prohibited by our administration from addressing political topics outside our purview. I feel like I’m failing the future. And words of support? (Echo)
12:34 PM - Sep 19, 2023
Karla Solomon
A
In response to Ben Trammell.
Model kindness, generosity, mutual respect, and wild interest and enthusiasm in the great variety of human abilities and experiences. These are all qualities that are inherently opposed to fascism.
02:06 PM - Sep 19, 2023
A work in progress
A
Do your best.
A little light shines in the darkness.
12:58 PM - Sep 19, 2023
Jennifer G.
A
What subject are you teaching? I just retired from teaching French and Spanish and I actually used the fact that there’s a lot of cultural similarities among ourselves and Spanish and French speaking countries, and since I was supposed to teach culture along with language, I had no problem.
12:53 PM - Sep 19, 2023 (Edited)
Jennifer G.
A
In response to Jennifer G..
In fact, it was kind of cool, because my students from African-American and south Asian American cultures could identify with the colorism in Spanish-speaking countries and relate it back to the racism that they experience in this country.
12:56 PM - Sep 19, 2023
Ben Trammell
A
In response to Jennifer G..
I’m an English teacher, but all of us are pretty strictly told to keep politics out of our mouths. Shame, when I could easily speak about dangerous rhetoric and its effects.
12:57 PM - Sep 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}