Carol Mendes
A
Depression and anxiety have no “look”. It may be the happiest and funniest people you know, the people you’d least expect. Check in on yourself, your happy friends, funny friends, quiet friends, everyone. You're not alone. Pic by officialjakebrown IG #depression #suicide #anxiety {#id:3683#}
01:11 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Lynne Parker
A
In response to Carol Mendes.
My younger sister killed herself. Mom and I went to a grief support group for a few months. Without exception, everyone there reported their loved one had a great sense of humor. My sister certainly did.
That just fascinated me.
09:31 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Carol Mendes
A
In response to Lynne Parker.
10:37 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Missy McMurray
A
Here’s another smiling face of someone who was in so much pain she felt she had to leave us, my daughter. Thank you for highlighting hidden depression, they’re so adept at hiding their true selves.
09:24 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Carol Mendes
A
In response to Missy McMurray.
She is such a beautiful angel! Look at that smile! ❤️

I have a video I think it could help you understand her a little. Link below. Lots of love for you! ❤️

https://www.instagram.com/...
11:18 PM - Dec 08, 2023
Craig Wiesner
A
Important to note that Robin Williams had Lewy Body disease and anti-depressants can actually push people over the cliff, either killing them directly or causing them to commit suicide.
06:10 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Carol Mendes
A
In response to Craig Wiesner.
His wife said he also had depression, anxiety and paranoia, and that his dementia symptoms had begun to worsen shortly before his death in August 2014. All of those combined led to his tragic death. The point of this post remains. A smiley person might be dying inside. Let’s check on loved ones.
10:51 PM - Sep 30, 2023
Carol Lovely
A
So incredibly sad. What they must have been feeling that made them end their lives and unable to share those feelings. And their loss is our loss as well
10:00 PM - Jul 23, 2023
Maya
A
The brightest lights often suffer the deepest pain. They burn so bright you often can’t see it. I’m just glad all 4 in these photos hung on for as long as they could given the general fuckery that’s happening on this planet. ❤️‍🔥
12:12 PM - Feb 07, 2023
RScottTiptonMPA
B
😪
09:55 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Blandine Etienne
A
So true, you never know what someone is going through. And you never know when someone is overcome to commit suicide.
02:02 AM - Feb 07, 2023
Arvin da Brgha
B
The real tragedy of these persons' deaths, is that when they do so, everyone gets on social media carping on for days, not so when it is a natural passing. Highlighting such violent deaths only shoves persons on the edge to do so, it's as irresponsible as a drug pusher selling Fentanyl-laced drugs
01:46 AM - Feb 07, 2023
In response to Arvin da Brgha.

@dreamadept deleted this reply.

08:47 AM - Feb 08, 2023
Carol Mendes
A
In response to Arvin da Brgha.
This post is not a trigger. It is a warning for people who overlook people who are suffering. I ask you to watch this short video to understand what goes through these people’s minds. Link below.

11:23 PM - Dec 08, 2023
Arrgee Reyy
A
thank you for checking in.
01:55 AM - Feb 06, 2023
Carol Mendes
A
In response to Arrgee Reyy.
How are you feeling today? ❤️
08:47 AM - Feb 08, 2023
Michele Fuefina
A
Some depression is caused by a vitamin D deficiency. It was for me. My doctor recommended starting with 2,000 IU's, per day, and see if it helps. It works for me. Always consult a doctor.
11:04 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Trust Facts
A
One of my all-time favorite students committed suicide and we didn't know how he was hurting. The world is missing a wonderful person and I still think about him and wish I had known and could have helped.
10:02 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Asamara
A
So true. One thing about depression is that you don’t want anyone else to go through what you’re going through.
04:57 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Kellymariebat
B
😥 gone too soon . Most of the times people who remain quiet about their struggle who did the inevitable. I talk about it but not brave enough to end it .
04:08 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Carol Mendes
A
In response to Kellymariebat.
This is why (link below). And also why you need to ask for HELP. You cannot cope alone. I speak because I KNOW. I fight it everyday of my life. I became a mental health advocate. ASK FOR PROFESSIONAL HELP. Lots of ❤️.
11:26 PM - Dec 08, 2023
Something Something
A
Super True.
03:56 PM - Feb 04, 2023
MegHarryLove
A
😭
03:54 PM - Feb 04, 2023
ノ◊∑レ サ∑ⅰ㎡∆и (he/him)
A
This is so important; thanks for spouting.
03:26 PM - Feb 04, 2023
Kia123
A
If you see friend, family or even a stranger, whether they are happy or sad, just take a second or a minute to have a conversations. That conversation might save a life, that conversation might change a life.
#LetSaveLifes
03:06 PM - Feb 04, 2023
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
Man, Robin Williams death is still so heartbreaking.
02:56 PM - Feb 04, 2023
KellieB123
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
Always struggling for oxygen, he was a light in my life.
11:08 AM - Feb 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}