Russ Cole
A
thread 1/2
Ladies,
DO NOT let anybody tell you "you are not important". Register to vote and show them. You can vote, you can make a difference in your life. Vote Democratic show you mean business. The worst thing you can do is NOT vote because not voting is a vote for the GOP! Stand up and be counted, y
09:15 AM - Sep 21, 2023
Russ Cole
A
thread 2/2
I lived in the 1950's. Women are more under attack today than the were then. The only difference is women tend to speak out more (a good thing before anybody blows a gasket). Women are more mobile and men are still sick with sick ideas. I don't know...
05:53 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Russ Cole
A
Thank you Cate! I appreciate your help. I never expected such "anger" and such an attack. I never once intended to hurt or harm anybody.
In response to Cate McGowan.
11:20 AM - Sep 21, 2023
jtgyk
A
In response to Russ Cole.
Politicians shouldn't run for office if they are so thin skinned that being corrected on a point of fact feels like an angry attack.
02:20 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Russ Cole
A
In response to jtgyk.
You got that straight. I am not a politician. I am a man with a family who is afraid tRump and his mob will be re-elected. Skin is not thin. I will say my piece Always have. I like to defend others from harm.
09:55 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Mary JUSTICE FOR BREONNA
A
Is there another time when you would say "It wasn't my intention" other than when someone points out you did a harmful thing? Good intentions without corrective action are not worth the time it takes to type them. Meaning well is no longer the standard.
01:36 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Russ Cole
A
In response to Mary JUSTICE FOR BREONNA.
Mary,
All you can do is reflect and OWN the offensive behavior if there should be any. I own it, I took responsibility for it. I am moving on.
09:42 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Russ Cole
A
In response to Mary JUSTICE FOR BREONNA.
I do not see the harm. I apologize if harm was done. I apologize to the entire community!
09:52 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Marilu Dempsey
A
Yes, women are angry! We #vote and we are stepping up. The problem isn't "ladies". the problem is men in power and those that vote to keep them in power.
Oh and men that think they have a right to tell us how to act.
12:53 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
In response to Marilu Dempsey.
While part of this is true, it's also WHITE WOMEN who keep voting to uphold patriarchy and their place in the racial hierarchy that's also the problem.

But folks aren't ready for that conversation.
02:15 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Russ Cole
A
In response to Marilu Dempsey.
Better vote the Bastards out is my suggestion, that it it, pure and simple.
09:51 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Tricia
A
There is no anger or attack in her reply. You feeling that way suggests you don't understand the misogyny in your spout. It's what we as women face everyday from men. Take some time & think about how you could actually effect change by getting your men friends to vote for DEMS.
12:07 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Russ Cole
A
In response to Tricia.
it is an everyday job. The sex of an individual is not in question. Lets move on.
09:49 PM - Sep 21, 2023
DMA Anderson
A
Russ. Pause a beat while Cate adds the #sarcasm tag to her post.

Now. Two thoughts:
1) Intention isn't the measure here; it's impact. Receive that your beliefs about women were untrue.
2) Pls DO guide men who control wives' votes or obstruct voters. They're the issue, and they need your pushback.
11:50 AM - Sep 21, 2023
Russ Cole
A
In response to DMA Anderson.
I hold women in high regard.
My wife is not somebody anybody can control (believe me). Take a deep breath and hear this, there are some women out there who are in horrible situations who can get help. If the help is not there I am reminding her of an alternative, VOTE.
I can't understand control!
09:47 PM - Sep 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}