Nevada Jones
A
Dear all,
If you're as concerned about #ai as you should be, the Copyright Office has opened a comment period to share any concerns you may have about the way libertarian tech bro grifters are profiting from the copyrighted works of actual humans.
https://copyright.gov/poli...
10:42 PM - Sep 21, 2023 (Edited)
Virgil Garcia
A
In response to Nevada Jones.
Am I right in my summation? 1. Original authors are not being compensated for their copywrited work used in AI research. 2. The resulting AI generated work could be copywrited. Honestly, there could be more, but I fell victim to the TLDR on the rest and didn't want to use AI.
05:57 AM - Sep 22, 2023
Nevada Jones
A
In response to Virgil Garcia.
That's only a small part of the problem. #Techbros have been decimating the arts since Napster told us that music has no value. #AI taking over various forms of human expression will have some surprising and devastating consequences -- from our sense of reality to our sense of purpose in life.
05:43 PM - Sep 22, 2023
Bonnie Ivanish
A
Thank you for providing this important link. I just posted my comment. It says the comment period will be open 68 days, so I urge others to act promptly.
03:48 AM - Sep 22, 2023
Bonnie Ivanish
A
EVERYONE should comment on this threat to the creators of art & intellectual property. It will affect each of us at some point. In its simplest definition it is theft in the form of misplaced entitlement, like any criminal who upon seeing something of appeal, decides to help himself.
03:25 AM - Sep 22, 2023
Nevada Jones
A
In response to Bonnie Ivanish.
Well said! Misplaced entitlement. That's the whole story.
03:30 AM - Sep 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}