Socio-gen
A
thread 1/3
To be frank, if you think you know "good conservatives," that means they're good to YOU.

They're "nice" folks who watch your pets, cheer at your kids' sports, make a casserole when you're bereaved, always ask how your family is.

Because either you're like them, or you're "one of the good ones."
Salma Typhii @Epidatageek
After mulling the "good conservatives" question all day I have decided that anyone who doesn't think people who have uteruses can control their own bodies and/or BBIMP and LGBTQIA+ are not 100% allowed to live their lives as openly and sloppily as cis het white people can't be a good person
05:35 PM - Sep 22, 2023
07:04 PM - Sep 22, 2023
Socio-gen
A
thread 2/3
If you are "not like those other ones," let me disabuse you of the notion that they will ever give a rat's ass about you and your family in the voting booth.

You "aren't like the others," so you fit their expectations, but they will still vote for politicians and policies to take away your rights.
07:08 PM - Sep 22, 2023 (Edited)
Socio-gen
A
thread 3/3
And they will do it -- even knowing it will hurt you and yours -- because they care more about controlling and restricting everyone who isn't like them.

Not you. You're okay. All the other ones. You know what I mean. You're not like them.

You know your place.
07:13 PM - Sep 22, 2023
BigBrownGirl
A
In response to Socio-gen.
07:34 PM - Sep 22, 2023
Sharon Oates
A
In response to Socio-gen.
I have 3 conservatives that live next door to me we have been neighbors for 43 yrs. On the issue of abortion,they all 3 think the SC has it wrong. They think R v W was settled. They all voted for Biden and NC Gov Cooper.
07:17 PM - Sep 22, 2023
Socio-gen
A
In response to Sharon Oates.
Then they aren't conservatives.

I mean, maybe that's the label they apply to themselves, but they would not be accepted in modern (Trumpian) conservative circles.
07:20 PM - Sep 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}