Pamela Kuma
A
Gm folks! Tgif! Spout off Friday! Where we spout off what pissed us off, or something that took your breath away. I saw on the 🐦 app a man beat his wife with a belt while his sons tried to stop him.
What would you like to spout off?

#Spoutofffridays #arresthim #Spoutible #SussexSquad
06:13 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Lexi Fran
A
Loadshedding, goodness so tired of this mess. If you live in South Africa, you will understand the frustration 😭
In response to Pamela Kuma.
06:30 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Pamela Kuma
A
In response to Lexi Fran.
Google search
"Known locally as loadshedding, widespread electricity blackouts are carried out multiple times a day by state-owned energy utility Eskom to avoid the total collapse of the grid."That is so frustrating/overwhelming. I feel your frustration. I used to live in #Ghana .Thanks for sharing.
06:39 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Lexi Fran
A
It's basically rationing of electricity. Say the demand is 30k MW, Eskom can only meet 28k MW of the demand, then they switch areas off at intervals to make up for the deficit. Stages go up with the MW being shed, 2k MW is stage 2, typically 2 hours less frequently. We on stage 6 now.
08:38 AM - Feb 25, 2023
Pamela Kuma
A
In response to Lexi Fran.
Could you kindly share what loadshedding is? I am here to listen.
06:33 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Lexi Fran
A
Apologies, struggled logging back on.

So basically, let's say power supplier has 30k MW & demand is same, but due to breakdowns and many other reasons they give these days they supply less say 28k MW, they have to shed 2k MW, rotating blackouts by areas to balance it
08:24 AM - Feb 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}