Alberto Pastor
A
" Interacting with the environment is a way to improve mental health. The Japanese have a word for it: shinrin-yoku or “forest bathing”. " Totally agree 🏃🏽🌴🚵🌄 #nature #environment #health
07:10 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Elizabeth Stein
A
In response to Alberto Pastor.
I’m a city girl (Manhattan) who absolutely appreciates the mental health value of walks in the woods (most often the Northwoods and Ravine in Central Park, but leaving town for time in the country is great too). But I don’t think the idea that cities are bad for mental health holds up in the US.
02:25 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Elizabeth Stein
A
In response to Elizabeth Stein.
02:26 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Alberto Pastor
A
In response to Elizabeth Stein.
Mixing the article and the policy brief, my take would be that breaking from routine is good for your psyche, whether you live in a city or in the country, and there must be help available on both places when someone is struggling with mental health (sorry for my english, not my native language).
03:29 PM - Feb 24, 2023
PlotterDepot
A
yep, I bought a cabin in the forests (mountain forest) and it's my favorite place to go.
11:53 AM - Feb 24, 2023
A Hayes
A
Can confirm
09:41 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Donna Lynn
A
I can attest to that!
09:08 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Carrie Lewis
A
This couldn’t be more true or more important to understand- especially this day and age with all of the emotional duress we have been through and the lingering effects. Thank you for sharing.
08:23 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Barry Ostrowsky
A
I have found the benefits of time in nature and outdoor activity to help greatly with depression and stress. I have always made time to get out there so as not to get too spun in life. Works every single time. When the weather doesn't allow I can feel the anxiety building. Thx for posting.
07:20 AM - Feb 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}