Frank the Bunny
A
Related thought: why notify anyone at all that they were blocked?

Since we can't mute, there are accounts I am tempted to block because they spout excess negativity, topics I really don't care about, personal triggers for me, but I don't want to upset those people. Just not see their stuff.
Frank the Bunny @ZomBunnyFrank
#Spoutible thought:

Why is it necessary to see "blank" replies to someone's spout noting that the person who wrote the reply has us blocked, along with their handle? Can't content from someone who blocked us just not show up at all? Just not "exist" for us?
10:38 AM - Feb 24, 2023
10:45 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Chris Moran
A
In response to Frank the Bunny.
Apropos to this post, I saw my first block. NO idea why I'd be blocked and being here for such a short time with limited spouts, it actually makes me feel like I did something wrong. Does blocked also just mean "based on account settings"??
11:14 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Chris Moran.
I'm not totally sure, but I don't think so. I think that just limits who can reply to stuff. I think a block requires actively marking your account.
11:21 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Chris Moran
A
In response to Frank the Bunny.
Ouch.
11:34 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
Yeah. I mean, in my case I'm sure my blocks were because I wasn't 100% on the "everything Chris says is right, always" bandwagon when there was some debate about the site policies last weekend. But it's annoying when people you've never even seen block for reasons you don't know.
In response to Chris Moran.
11:42 AM - Feb 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}