Ale Am
A
The problem is in general ppl don't seem to like Echo it's strange bc how can our community grow if we don't use it, which is the only way to share & amplify or simply point out a Spout, especially since we’re an intern comm with different schedules, it would be nice to feel united all through #Echo
Inconclusive Laura®️ @Canyonsfan
08:01 PM - Sep 25, 2023
12:03 PM - Sep 26, 2023
Berit Talan
A
In response to Ale Am.
I wish there was some sort of mechanism that the timeline doesn't show 3-4 echos of the same thing right after one another. That's why I don't always echo when others have already done so. I bookmark and think I'll echo later but usually forget. 🙃
12:07 PM - Sep 26, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to Berit Talan.
But we have the possibility to hide #Echo

👇👇👇
12:11 PM - Sep 26, 2023
Berit Talan
A
In response to Ale Am.
Right, but I want to see some because I might not see the original spout, just not 5 in a row... This might be close to an algorithm, but I actually also don't think algorithms per se are bad. It depends on what they are designed to do. What if it was diversity of content vs engagement?
01:17 PM - Sep 26, 2023
Ale Am
A
Ok, fine, but how does this diversity of content come out and spread if you don't do #Echo ?
01:22 PM - Sep 26, 2023 (Edited)
Berit Talan
A
Echos aren't bad. I know zero about programming but if there was something like "only show an echo on the timeline if it isn't in the timeline already for the last 100 spouts" or sometime like that.
In response to Ale Am.
03:09 PM - Sep 26, 2023
Ale Am
A
What's the difficulty in letting your timeline flow without getting annoyed that there are too many #Echo ? I don't know, it's too difficult for me to understand...scroll go further and find what may interest you And leave others the pleasure of seeing what happens in the rest of the community
03:43 PM - Sep 26, 2023
Berit Talan
A
In response to Ale Am.
Huh.. I sat with that for awhile. I'll pay attention to whether it's actually a time issue (too much time lost scrolling) or if my brain
has just been conditioned by social media to expect continuous dopamine hits and I feel annoyance if that doesn't happen.
05:36 PM - Sep 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}