NeverNotBlack
A
Speaking as a teacher, If you have the time and desire or know someone else who does, I ask that you run for your local school boards to prevent anymore conservative overreach in our classrooms. Cons playing the long game has got us here. All politics is local.
02:26 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to NeverNotBlack.
This scares the shit out of me TBH. The post card campaign we did got rid of the M4L idiots, but much of the damage is done. We (the politically minded at least) need to step up in unprecedented ways. If we all get off our collective asses, we can fix the damage, but only if we ALL get involved!!!
08:58 PM - Dec 12, 2023
Kimberly S
A
I see this is a splash back but thank you for saying this
12:50 PM - Nov 25, 2023
Donna
A
I can't believe how much power the school boards have!
07:29 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Diana Demarest
A
DeSantis stacked the last elections for school boards here in FL. Out of 30 of his endorsed candidates, 19 won their seats and flipped the school board in Sarasota from D to R. He's a POS.
07:27 PM - Feb 24, 2023
O Aguabonita
A
Also, the more local the election, the smaller the pool of voters, so the greater the weighting of your individual vote as a proportion of the electorate.
05:41 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Esther Rose
A
Happened in my district. An extremist showed up to every meeting for 3+ years, cultivated support, ran for board & voted in by a few votes. I’m in a blue state, diverse town. Now they’re showing up in droves! I’m not permitted to speak at meetings due to my position. We Need Help! Show up & speak!
05:16 PM - Feb 24, 2023
ChrisKinFLA
A
Heartbreakingly - DeSantis & Flynn used scare tactics & lots of $$$ to get the Mothers for Liberty & Proud Boy adjacent candidates elected over 3 extremely qualified educators for school board.
Now they are coming after the loan Dem on the school board.
Our children are F'd
04:49 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Becca ???
A
Definitely need more pro public school people on our school committees. Town I teach in is very red in an otherwise blue state and it shows.near the bottom of per pupil spending AND teacher salaries. Can't keep new teachers more than a year for that $$
04:26 PM - Feb 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}