Professor Kyle
A
100% this. Last year 2 reluctant school board candidates were drafted specifically to oppose RWNJ candidates in my district. Thankfully we got the word out and the anti-science, anti-LGBTQ+, pro-racism candidates were soundly trounced; had they run unopposed they would have won by default.
NeverNotBlack @NeverNotBlack
Speaking as a teacher, If you have the time and desire or know someone else who does, I ask that you run for your local school boards to prevent anymore conservative overreach in our classrooms. Cons playing the long game has got us here. All politics is local.
02:26 PM - Feb 24, 2023
02:49 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Rosetta
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I always tell people that local elections have more impact on your every day more so than federal elections. Look at all the devastating harmful effects that school board, sheriffs, prosecutors, judges, and State AG can have on a community if extremists (GOP) are elected. VOTE IN EVERY ELECTION!
12:39 AM - Feb 25, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Rosetta.
So true! It's sad that people mostly vote the opposite, ignoring the elections that affect them the most.
12:41 AM - Feb 25, 2023
Crafty Kitty
A
In response to Rosetta.
If anyone is paying attention, local elections are extremely important. The extreme elements are targeting local government.
03:03 AM - Feb 25, 2023
NeverNotBlack
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
And that is what often happens, they run unopposed.
05:39 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to NeverNotBlack.
Exactly. It was so nice to see a strong defeat in this case, but it takes someone stepping up and volunteering to run/serve.
05:43 PM - Feb 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}