Joel.
A
thread 1/6
I've had some time to think about the state of Healthcare in the US as I've had to deal with my elderly mother and her journey through the system. The hospital and doctors for surgery were top notch, but the rehab facility is 100% lackluster and worrisome.
09:49 PM - Sep 28, 2023 (Edited)
Joel.
A
thread 2/6
We'd been to this facility before, but it definitely seems like it has taken a downward turn. Most notably was the sign on one of the admin office's door looking to hire CNAs. Ok, so they are short on staff. It happens. It's been a pandemic.
09:52 PM - Sep 28, 2023 (Edited)
Joel.
A
thread 3/6
Less than a week into her stay, my mom got covid. Not unexpected, but I was angry. She's elderly and they are the highest at-risk population. The responses from the staff were less that good, in my opinion. I couldn't get info on how often they test and restest.
09:55 PM - Sep 28, 2023
Joel.
A
thread 4/6
As my mom started to take a downward turn, it was very hard to get answers. Either the staff is overwhelmed or ... something. Things moved slower than I'd liked. And don't get me wrong, individual staff members were excellent, good people but overall, I have a feeling of unease about it all.
09:57 PM - Sep 28, 2023
Joel.
A
thread 5/6
Come to learn that a few years back, this place was purchased by a private equity firm. Could things be different because they are trying to keep costs down? Are there other factors at play? This is just a sign that american health care is broken. Because the fact is...
09:59 PM - Sep 28, 2023
Joel.
A
thread 6/6
You can't make money off of people being sick.

Period. To do so is immoral and just plain wrong. To make money you have to withhold care & make decisions that benefit you, not the patient.
10:02 PM - Sep 28, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}