Sharon Dohrmann
A
thread 1/8
I watched Flora and Son on AppleTV tonight. Wow. Amazing. It was like someone looked inside my head and then wrote the perfect movie, just for me.
03:16 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Sharon Dohrmann
A
thread 2/8
But when I saw the trailer, I thought it was a tv series and so I just thought they were doing a cool thing and had made an extra long pilot to draw in their viewers. (You know, media companies are struggling to make streaming “profitable”. 🤔)
03:20 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Sharon Dohrmann
A
thread 3/8
But then it ended and now I’m devastated. I had so many different threads going in my mind about where they might take the story and I can’t believe I’m not going to get to experience this feeling with this world again.
03:21 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Sharon Dohrmann
A
thread 4/8
It’s so rare for me that, while I’m watching something, I say to myself, “Oh, look at that. What could that mean?” Or, “Now she’s saying this to herself but her face has barely changed. Isn’t that amazing?”
03:25 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Sharon Dohrmann
A
thread 5/8
So, Apple, if you’re listening, please get the band back together and do a whole series. The WGA strike is over. Hopefully the SAG strike will be over soon. (Go Labor! We’re rooting for youtoo, UAW.) So, you need new and better content. Please?!
03:28 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Sharon Dohrmann
A
thread 6/8
I would be ever so grateful. And if you need another good writer, I know just the guy. 😉
03:29 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Sharon Dohrmann
A
thread 7/8
And yes I know that it was a very old and tired and cliched story, but just like Flora, they dressed it up, modernized it, and made it feel new and different. What a meta metaphor. ❤️
03:31 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Sharon Dohrmann
A
thread 8/8
And then I couldn’t sleep so I binge watched the whole fucking 4th AND FINAL season of Sex Education. Fuck me.
04:30 AM - Sep 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}