Robert Longman
A
I'm a 37-year veteran of college radio at wusb.fm 90,1 FM at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook NY, on the North Shore of Long Island. My playlists starting at 2009 can be found at https://wusb.fm/node/41. It's quite a wide mix, but centrally #SingerSongwriter . #CollegeRadio #ACappella #folk
10:20 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Leroy Jenkins
A
In response to Robert Longman.
Do you prefer #CCM from the 80s and 90s over today’s CCM?
02:05 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Robert Longman
A
I don’t take music that way.. I listen to, and love, all eras and genres, successful or not. I have a bit of a thing against the 1980s and early ‘90s - it was the era of corporatization of the music business and its delivery systems. But that didn’t stop us from having a blast on the radio. … /1
In response to Leroy Jenkins.
09:51 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Leroy Jenkins
A
Thanks
12:27 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Robert Longman
A
2/ We took it beyond just the music. The team was mixed in age, race, income, denomination, and politics - but no ordained ministers. (It would have been in gender, too, but women were very hesitant to do an overnight shift, for safety reasons.) Some of us were active in other people’s ministries.
10:03 AM - Sep 29, 2023
Robert Longman
A
3/ … The music is always there, somewhere. Usually you have to dig to find what you dig. But then you get surprised by coming across it in the course of regular life (there’s not much regular life doing overnite radio).
10:12 AM - Sep 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}