Bethany Garden Witch
B
My son just called me he’s in the Navy. He’s scared and stressed about not getting paid. He says everyone on base is, and they’re pissed. I just called Kevin McCarthy and ripped him a new one. I’m sick of them hurting our country. Please call him.

Speaker McCarthy

(202) 225-2915
01:58 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Nova Camp
A
In response to Bethany Garden Witch.
Call rapey Matt Gaetz while youre at it.
02:50 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Bethany Garden Witch
B
In response to Nova Camp.
I'd love to walk through the halls of Congress and just lay them all out. I am sick of Republicans
04:05 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
Whoever they replace him with will be even worse. We didn't work hard enough to hold the House. We better work hard enough to hold the WH & the Senate in '24 or we'll have white nationalist authoritarianism for the rest of our lives (& probably your son's & his kids'/your grandkids' lives, too).
02:27 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
Biden accurately frames that we'll likely live under autocracy for 6 or 7 decades if we lose our democracy in '24. The guardrails for democracy are NOT holding. All that's left to save democracy is us. Bad as it is, it's worse than this shutdown. Life as we've known it may be shutdown in 13 months.
Biden: GOP 'driven' by 'MAGA extremists' I Full speech on Democracy in America - YouTube

President Biden delivered a speech on preserving democratic institutions at Arizona State University, home of the McCain Institute. He called out “MAGA extre...

02:41 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Harmony
A
I live near a naval base. Everyone in town is upset. I have noticed people in town saving their money. That hurts business. Mccarthy is a coward who is incapable of doing his job. I'm sorry your son and all of our soldiers as well as all those who will be affected have to deal with this BS.
02:22 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Christopher Brown
A
My wife just retired. I’m not saying it won’t happen, but we have never not gotten paid during a government shutdown shit show.

It mostly affects GS positions.

Our mileage may vary…
02:12 PM - Sep 29, 2023
Yvette
A
Is Congress going to get paid? They certainly shouldn’t! This shutdown is nothing but political posturing by MAGA Republicans trying to OUST their Speaker and attempt to lay blame on Biden & the Democrats for the fallout from the shutdown. MAGA Republicans only care about their own little UNIVERSE.
02:04 PM - Sep 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}