A
🎓 #AcademicSpoutible #ScienceSpoutible #academicchatter 🎓

Here’s a searchable and ever-growing list of academics on Spoutible! 😊

Academics – please add your name, handle, and discipline 🫵🙏
05:55 PM - Feb 24, 2023 (Edited)
Bjorn
A
In response to Mark Rubin.
This is great! Is there anyway we can have tabs by discipline as this list grows larger?
06:01 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Bjorn.
I've been wondering about that. People's "disciplines" are quite varied (see what they wrote) and so it will be hard to use predefine categories. That's why I'm suggesting you search (e.g., for "psych"). Unless, you have a better idea?
06:05 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Bjorn
A
I’m not an #Excel expert but I believe you could create an “if then“ look up formula that populates based off of key words displayed within a given cell. Just would probably want to limit those tabs to the larger fields of study I believe but can keep the larger data in the populated cell.
06:13 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Bjorn.
Yes, an "if then" thing is possible in theory, but in practice you'd need a lot (hundreds) of potential categories!? I just looked at this and got scared! :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_of_academic_disciplines
06:21 PM - Feb 24, 2023 (Edited)
Mark Rubin
A
@bjorn But I've just added an instruction to the Discipline column for people to "KEEP IT SHORT!" to try to keep that column a bit more manageable for people who are just scrolling through
06:28 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Bjorn
A
Totally understand what you’re saying. I used the wrong language here. Visualizing much broader categories. Start broad then if it gets to be a larger project break it down further. Maybe something like: Basic/Applied Science, Behavioral/Health Science, Education/Liberal Arts, Business/Finance.
06:51 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Bjorn
A
Also happy to have this document in any form. 😃so thank you!
In response to Bjorn.
06:52 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Mark Rubin
A
In response to Bjorn.
No problem. I've tried to address the issue you raised by adding in a search function that indicates which Discipline descriptions contain certain key words or word fragments. Hopefully, that will help a bit...
09:31 PM - Feb 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}