Christopher Bouzy
A
Here is Elon mocking Ukraine aid. At some point, I predict Elon will begin sabotaging Democrats' Twitter accounts like he did with Ukraine and Starlink. I sincerely don't understand why so many folks on the left still use Twitter as their primary platform.
07:56 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Penny Hehr
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I’m finally getting ready to delete it. It’s truly become a cesspool!
08:51 PM - Mar 14, 2024
Miechlaemken
A
Most people fromm my Twitter bubble have switched to Bluesky in the last 8 weeks. Unfortunately, many have not realized the benefits of Spoutible. The artificial scarcity of access and their exclusivity has created hype. It saddens me that people seem to like being marketing victims.
03:50 AM - Oct 03, 2023
John Luttermoser
A
I understand why some stay. The "content creators" think they must, or so some told me when I was still there. I never did much there, I finally left, and I only miss it when I want to know what people are saying about Canadian football. (I know that feels like a joke, but it's true.)
03:25 PM - Oct 02, 2023
R o K p h i s h
A
I logged in to Twitter for the last time on July 17, 2023.

Good Riddance.
03:14 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Henning Dekant
A
Truly baffling. Some folks seem to be blinded by their follower count. I'm just a small fry - took me a while to get over 10K followers on there. But I walked away and haven't tweeted since Muskopalypse. Only reason I still stopped by was Ukraine news. I figure this will come to an end now, too.
03:01 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Tree Ent
A
I'll never go back!
02:39 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Bandele Ganiyu
B
ITA, but I don't understand why Dem 'politicians' are still using the platform when its clearly pro-putin/Russia, there's no doubt about it.

And that Musk is a foreign agent that should register as such (FARA). I'm only there to support my local/state reps. Otherwise, I'd be totally gone.
02:27 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Larry with an i
A
They feel like they have invested so much. The change is a risk.

I left on day one and left behind “my crowd” which was a little over a thousand followers and a couple of friends.

I don't feel like I actually lost anything – if they missed me they would be here.
11:13 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Tim Phillips
A
I left the moment he changed it to X. Spoutable is it for me now and I’m happier for it 🙂
10:46 AM - Oct 02, 2023 (Edited)
Bandele Ganiyu
B
In response to Tim Phillips.
Twitterx is full of trolls/bots, There are massive, aggressive, pervasive farms on there. Both foreign and domestic.
02:29 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Umbrae Soulsbane
A
He has already been doing it. Leftist accounts often get force unfollowed and most say their reach (even when paying) keeps going down. I kind of expect it to go paid only or require driver licenses before the election.
10:20 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Bandele Ganiyu
B
In response to Umbrae Soulsbane.
They 'throttle' Dems as well.
02:30 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Angelique Yaich
A
Since Elon has become successful with the help of Government subsidies, that is some projection.

I don't know why anyone is on such a hateful platform, is it because they think they need it to be popular also?
is it because they are fighting the owner of the town square to maintain what they built?
10:17 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Bandele Ganiyu
B
In response to Angelique Yaich.
The misinformation is off the chain there. It really is a bad scene over there. Its peaceful over here...calm

https://www.forbes.com/sit...
02:35 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Misha Van Mollusq
A
10:07 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Rizzo
B
Just. Leave. Twitter. 👋
10:02 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Eric Flanders
A
His whole business model is based on government subsidies, he's got some nerve!
09:18 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Gray Since 97
A
In response to Eric Flanders.
🎯🎯🎯📣
12:05 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Marion Donnelly ♎️⚖️????
B
In response to Eric Flanders.
One day Apartheid Clyde will lose those subsidies and he will then be known as the loser he truly is.
01:14 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
Sadly a lot of users on in our party are addicted to the familiarity of Twitter. Also those who built big platforms are hard press to start over. Fear of new and sadly addiction to toxic behaviors keep people tethered to that awful place.
09:08 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Tracy Rose-Erickson
A
He’s getting more blatant with his ugliness. It’s kind of scary to see him looking like he’s following in TFG’s footsteps.
09:06 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Muriel Branch
B
Elon has a god complex, because he’s filthy rich and white, but we all know what happens to idols and idolators. Lucifer.
08:58 AM - Oct 02, 2023
4_FSake
A
I am still on elmos site because of the government accounts that haven't migrated over to a different platform.
08:56 AM - Oct 02, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
Oh he's already started. He completely shut down my account. Nothing I post is seen. It says post unavailable. I broke no rules and received no communication.
08:42 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
With a fake image yet.

I'm still on Xitter for a few follows. Won't be much longer though, most likely. (For all I know he could sell it next week or get 'busted'.)
08:31 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Tim OnTheLake
A
08:31 AM - Oct 02, 2023
CarbonHal
A
Good writeup in the Kyiv Post today.

https://www.kyivpost.com/p...
08:29 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Dr DoNoThing
A
Muskie is jealous that his 'Save X' appeals haven't raised as much funding.
08:28 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
Finally, Ukrainians.have been tweeting for months that Zelenaky doesn't give Musk the time of day anymore since Musk temporarily shut down Starlink when they needed it the most against Russia. Musk probably sees the Twitter/X comments and wants to turn the negative comments to his advantage.
08:24 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Cyndi Brown
A
Because they think they can save it.
We had a fairly robust resist/vetting conclave with Jack, where we did the work he wouldn't by posting alerts on trolls and bots. Nearly impossible to do with Musk. I came here to save my sanity. Others struggle on.
08:22 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
Many of my Black Twitter/X platform followers also declared the following,

"Twitter was a nothing burger until Black people started using it. We'll be damned if we let Musk chase us off of Twitter because WE own it, not Musk." (paraphrased)

How do you tell people that this is illogical?
08:20 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
Having pondered that question *many* times (regarding other matters): I don't. People find their way, regardless of self-justification and (essentially) confusion. Modeling is a reasonable alternative.
#SpeakingForMyself
08:37 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Build the Future
A
Yeah…I’ve heard that sentiment. I just remind them that he owns the thing/community that they created. They are generating revenue for a son of apartheid…and he is using it to destroy their communities…and their peace of mind. Build revenue with ppl/platforms you trust…like spoutible.
09:14 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
Christopher, I asked many of my followers why they weren't moving to other platforms, namely Spoutible. Here were some of the excuses provided,

1. People can't move their entire networks with them.

2. Musk cutoff cross-platform communications with other social media.
08:16 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
A history of posts that would be essentially lost (even though they can be downloaded). Referencing past posts is very useful for certain people (including me).
08:34 AM - Oct 02, 2023
MOCKINGBIRD1971
A
I left about a month ago. I’m still a little bummed because I didn’t have a large following and I didn’t follow a huge number, but it was carefully selected, and I enjoyed interacting with them. I’ve followed those who also have accounts here. But it’s worth it because I couldn’t abide by further en
10:12 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Michael Freeman
A
Inertia. People resist change. Twitter has been so toxic, fro so long, that it (toxicity) has been normalized. They probably view it as the cost of doing business.
08:12 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Build the Future
A
In response to Michael Freeman.
Agreed. Human inertia is a powerful force.
09:04 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Haruka
A
I think it’s already started. Someone posted here last night about a Dem woman (I wish I could remember her name) vying for public office who has had her account shut down over there. The story mentioned her strong stance on abortion rights was probably why.
08:07 AM - Oct 02, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Haruka.
Same thing happened to me. I'm not running for any kind of office I'm just an abortion rights activist. He made it so whenever I post it says post unavailable. I broke no rules and received no communications regarding it.
08:45 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Twisted Sistare
A
I check it less and less. I really love this place and it’s been fun watching it grow.
08:07 AM - Oct 02, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}