Salma Typhii
A
Pfft! You can't fucking shut them up. I swear the number of young conservatives out there trying to get canceled so they can become the next TPUSA hero is ridiculous
08:02 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Donna Frahmann
A
Agreed. My friends who teach in higher education have commented on the increasing number of "conservative" students they encounter in classes. More than a few of these students seem to be following the MAGA playbook: obnoxiously outspoken (talking over other students, etc.) and feeling victimized.
In response to Salma Typhii.
08:08 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Lisa K. "Guardian of Radical Visions"
A
In response to Donna Frahmann.
One of the reasons I decided to leave higher education was the exhaustion that comes with students (mostly white men) deciding that their voices matter more than anyone else in the room--including me. (Not that my voice was the most important, just the most educated).
09:10 AM - Oct 02, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Donna Frahmann.
My friend is an Associate Dean at a school in a red state and the stories she tells about them trying to provoke a response but not to go so far as to get expelled are ridiculous. Like they really want to burn a cross but even they can't figure out how to make that a joke
08:12 AM - Oct 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}