Democracy Music
A
Trump is doing to this Judge what he has already done with General Miley, Judge Chutkan, and AGs Leticia James and Fani Willis, i.e. trying to get him attacked or killed by one or more of his deranged followers.

Washington Post⬇️
01:55 PM - Oct 02, 2023 (Edited)
Kevin E. McCarthy
A
In response to Democracy Music.
I know the media will certainly play this angle up but after 1,100 people have been successfully investigated, tried, and convicted for doing the murderous bidding of Trump, I don't think the danger is quite as bad as they make it out to be.
This is the beginning of the end.
02:04 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Democracy Music
A
In response to Kevin E. McCarthy.
I do agree the danger has been lessened by the January 6th convictions. The biggest problem re. stochastic terrorism is that he only has to inspire one to commit violence on his behalf (which tangentially may drive others out of public office because they fear for their families and themselves).
02:16 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Kevin E. McCarthy
A
That may indeed happen but IMO only one would have to happen before a massive blowback will occur and will help to sink that impetus even further.
My $0.02 anyway.
02:21 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Democracy Music
A
I think there is a lot of truth in your observation. For me, it seems morally wrong that he is permitted to freely provoke threats and/or violence against public servants. Having to have (or even hire) private security for yourself and your family should not be the price of public service.
02:29 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Kevin E. McCarthy
A
It’s a very fraught time right now. From a macro perspective we’re moving from a nation ruled by white men to one towards a more equitable democracy. This is a true metamorphosis on a massive scale in breadth and history which was always going to be extremely nasty, ugly, and dangerous.
02:42 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Democracy Music
A
Agree. I am a Cassandra who constantly warns that we appear to be living in a 21st century version of 1930’s Europe. The players and the problems are not identical (though similar) but the forces driving the attraction to authoritarianism seem the same. I keep hoping the outcome will be different.
03:04 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Kevin E. McCarthy
A
Some very esteemed political scientists and historians might disagree with me but this is not Germany in any part of its history. Germany, and other authoritarian nations, are ethnic and tribal to its core and have mostly always been. The US was founded and is run solely on the Constitution.
07:35 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Kevin E. McCarthy
A
This is why I don't expect that kind of crap to ever gain a real foothold here. There are far too many people who would lose out for it to ever succeed. The real enemy in this country is apathy and I think Trump has succeeded in shaking that up to the extent people are now awake.
07:38 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Democracy Music
A
Not sure. Russia is playing the role of 1930’s Germany. MAGA is “America First” movement of pre-WWII US opposing any involvement in European war prior to Pearl Harbor. Russia & China are cozy. Trump has called for “termination” of Constitution previously. Agree re. apathy. That is biggest danger.
10:47 PM - Oct 02, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}