Shawn Mischief Klimek
A
thread 1/4
I've been exploring the Bing version of DALL-E (Ai image generator), using some of my fantasy short stories as inspiration. Most of the results are unsuitable; many are surreal. The results shown below, culled from at least a dozen attempts, are among the best suited to my story, "Wings of Hope"...
09:43 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Shawn Mischief Klimek
A
thread 2/4
The baboon-faced demon is supposed to be carrying an armload of feathered wings, but since, in the story, they had been harvested from angels (or winged humans), this fits tolerably. Three rejected results depicted the demon carrying *not wings* but BIRDS.
09:52 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Shawn Mischief Klimek
A
thread 3/4
Despite explicit phrasing, the AI repeatedly failed to display the angel-like torture-victims lying face-up/supine, depicting them as face-down instead. (Once it finally succeeded, I realized I had remembered the story inaccurately, and face down is what I needed anyway). Shame. This image is cool.
10:00 PM - Oct 02, 2023
Shawn Mischief Klimek
A
thread 4/4
The story was already published a couple of years in a horror anthology, "Full Metal Horror 2" by Zombie Pirate Publishing (since defunct), and is due to be republished in "Unity Volume 2: A Speculative Anthology" by Penned in the City, so I'm not poised to actually publish these images...
10:05 PM - Oct 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}