Ruh Roh
A
I have travel plans.

If they come to fruition, I'll be in a place where this existence won't hurt any more.

Wish me luck.
01:30 AM - Oct 03, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to Ruh Roh.
Sounds like a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Reach out to talk to someone.

Sometimes venting helps, like lancing a festering boil.
03:29 AM - Oct 03, 2023
Ruh Roh
A
I know you're trying to help, but that phrase isn't as soothing as you think.
I've had to face this for at least 50 years. It's only as "temporary" as my life is. Whoever thought that one up never had to face the struggle from the inside.
All I'm doing now is keeping up appearances.
In response to Max Prophet.
01:30 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to Ruh Roh.
Yeah, it wasn't that helpful when it was used directed at me either. My apologies.
04:18 PM - Oct 03, 2023 (Edited)
Ruh Roh
A
In response to Ruh Roh.
How does one face living in pain (physical & emotional), especially when the pain is compounded by the fact that you have to lie to everyone around you on a daily basis?

"I'm fine" is such a hollow, meaningless phrase. No one really cares how we are, especially if there's no one around to care.
01:37 PM - Oct 03, 2023
Ruh Roh
A
In response to Ruh Roh.
I'm on a phone in a waiting room, with nowhere to go but back to the emptiness I exist within everyday. My wife has been gone over 2 years. The woman I fell in love with no longer wants anything to do with me.
My career has been a waste of time. Nothing I've invested my life in made any difference.
01:46 PM - Oct 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}