ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 1/4
I’m going to be starting therapy soon. I got referred by the police victims services to a center that specializes in treating victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence. I typically would just go for one session of therapy & assume that’s all I needed.

That’s not how healing actually works.
08:42 PM - Oct 04, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 2/4
I’m 43 years old. In the past 20 years, I’ve left a two year long on-and-off abusive relationship, lost my mom and my best friend (my brother), and a hell of a lot more people I loved, including two uncles, a cousin and three grandparents. I’ve never really dealt with all that.
08:57 PM - Oct 04, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 3/4
What I’m learning is that if you don’t take care of trauma properly, it compounds on other traumas. It’s like adding more and more baggage to an already heavy load on your back.
08:58 PM - Oct 04, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 4/4
I’ve been in therapy before. My last therapist ghosted me so I’ve been reluctant to try again but I need to.
09:16 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Veronica
A
In response to ميجان the Librarian.
I’m happy you are going. It takes courage. It’s so worth it. 💔❤️‍🩹 Studies have shown, again and again, that what heals is the relationship between therapist and client, as viewed by the client. So, it does take time and small steps. 🌸
09:07 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
💜
08:57 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Cheers to you.

I've been following Carolyn Spring on Xitter for at least a year and continue to learn from her posts, fwiw.
08:52 PM - Oct 04, 2023
Spiritual Annie
A
Having been there and knowing the hard work you are facing, please know that it absolutely is better on the other side, and I'm here. You can ask me anything.
08:46 PM - Oct 04, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
In response to Spiritual Annie.
It’s going to be very hard work. I’ve talked to people about my experiences before but it was typically just a one time thing and then I would just not think about it again until the next trigger
08:50 PM - Oct 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}