Audrey Ann
B
I respect anyone's decision to practice religion.

What I cannot fathom is how anyone who practices a religion feels they have a right to impose their beliefs on another person.

Especially those who claim a "war on religion". It is perverted.

Religion has no place in government.
08:09 AM - Feb 25, 2023
Agent Of Chaos
A
In response to Audrey Ann.
I respect their right to practice just not their mental faculties in choosing to do so!
05:29 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Audrey Ann
B
In response to Agent Of Chaos.
I find it quite perplexing that so many people can't have a moral compass without religion. Especially when their religion itself lacks basic decency towards all people.
08:06 PM - Mar 06, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
A fundamentalist interpretation of Christianity doesn't allow for live & let live. Impressionable believers think that obedience & the afterlife are all that must truly matter. More calculating types then exploit that fallacy for their own ends. See Mark 8:34-38
10:02 AM - Feb 25, 2023
Audrey Ann
B
In response to stephanie roberts.
This hypocrisy is exactly why I said no to religion.

EVERY Atheist I know is kind to everyone, religious or not.

Being decent is a choice. Religion is a choice.

I choose kindness.
12:41 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Josol
A
There is a reason there is supposed to be a separation of church and state. This country is made up of immigrants from all over the world. It does not say in the US constitution only white, Christian people can come on our shores.
09:44 AM - Feb 25, 2023
Audrey Ann
B
In response to Josol.
I agree with you! 100%.

No civilized country rules at the whims of a minority of religious zealots. The immigrants who came to this country were fleeing religious persecution. How ironic is that?
12:47 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Nancy M
A
Well said!
08:24 AM - Feb 25, 2023 (Edited)
Helen Lucia
A
As someone that grew up in the Catholic Faith in 70's & 80's, there is nothing about what Evangelicalism/Christianity has morphed into that I understand. I was taught to love your neighbor as yourself, not hate in any form, that we are all in the image of God.
08:16 AM - Feb 25, 2023
Audrey Ann
B
In response to Helen Lucia.
I absolutely respect that. How did this perversion happen, though? And how does it end?
08:25 AM - Feb 25, 2023
Jamie Walker
A
I've always said I don't want a government sanctioned religion. To easy to change to the religion du jour.
08:12 AM - Feb 25, 2023
Audrey Ann
B
In response to Jamie Walker.
Agree. Government should be driven by facts, data, science, education. That isn't what religion is about. At all.
08:28 AM - Feb 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}