Bun the Franky
A
And, after digging into this story a bit more, it is revealed that the money is already appropriated and MUST be spent on border wall/fencing. Biden has asked Congress repeatedly to use the money elsewhere, and they refuse. The problem is that we need to give Biden and Harris a better Congress.
Deb @Debbatch
I’m not happy about waiving environmental protections for a border wall but still believe Biden and democrats are our best choice for governing. If we have big enough majorities after the next election it will be easier to eliminate this kind of stuff.
12:36 PM - Oct 05, 2023
01:35 PM - Oct 05, 2023
Penelope Lowder
A
In response to Bun the Franky.
Biden/ Harris administration is damned if they do, damned if they don’t. So…
03:52 PM - Oct 05, 2023
bfitzinAR
A
That part I know. But him being forced by Congress to do what he doesn't want to would fly better if his EPA hadn't just waived 26 laws that would have stopped it or at least delayed it til we could get a Dem Congress to stop it.

I'll vote for him again. That's a given. But I don't like this.
03:00 PM - Oct 05, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to bfitzinAR.
I'm no fan of it either, but the law says that the funding has to be used for border construction and the work has to be completed this year. Stalling would violate the law. Instead they are fast tracking a 20mi area that is a problem area right now, even knowing a wall is a bandage, not a solution.
03:18 PM - Oct 05, 2023
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
Thank you for doing the digging. It sounds awful, until you know the facts.
02:56 PM - Oct 05, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Peggy Stuart #FirstWave.
Exactly right. And of course, those details were the last thing the stories in the press focused on.
02:56 PM - Oct 05, 2023
erika
A
We need a better Congress for lots of things. 🤞🤞🤞
02:54 PM - Oct 05, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to erika.
Indeed 💯
02:55 PM - Oct 05, 2023
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
Thank you for digging into this, Frank.
02:42 PM - Oct 05, 2023
LilTaiz
A
Sooo typical for media to swallow Reep talking points and blame Biden for insane stuff that 45 and his band of grifters orchestrated. Grrr.
02:04 PM - Oct 05, 2023
Susan Simon
A
Exactly. We need to elect a better congress. Pres can’t change what they choose to appropriate or Ukraine funding would not be issue.
01:44 PM - Oct 05, 2023
Sabine Savvidis
A
You were digging in the right spot. You won't find it in the headlines but this is exactly what happened.
01:42 PM - Oct 05, 2023
PS Annie
A
Yep
01:41 PM - Oct 05, 2023
Terminator LX
A
And of course the news media are telling this story in the most damning way for Biden. Like this BS from Fox News Lite (fka CNN). I’m SO over them!
01:41 PM - Oct 05, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Terminator LX.
Exactly right. Everything is "Biden lied when he said not another foot of wall" and not a peep of "Congress appropriated the money under the last administration and won't budge, forcing Biden's hand"
01:51 PM - Oct 05, 2023
First Last
A
No! Bad reporting against Biden by the MSN? Say it ain't so!
01:38 PM - Oct 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}