I say Biden, you say enomics
Biden – enomics!
Biden – enomics!

https://www.washingtonpost...
10:22 AM - Oct 06, 2023
shadeygreyskies
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
When gas is $5 a gallon & groceries cost substantially more than just a few years ago,
when housing costs are soaring & record numbers of people are becoming unhomed,
when "the working poor" is a reality for more & more folks,
touting "the economy" could be a painful self-own.
GOP *will* exploit.
12:34 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
And this is why people still think Rs are better for the economy – because it's not just them but also the left flank that attacks Dems when they're lowering inflation, adding millions of jobs, and enacting or at least attempting to enact programs that help lower income folks.
12:40 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Dan Wentzel
A
As someone who is on the left flank, I always have to remind my fellows that we only passed Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and the ACA because we had a Democratic President with once-in-a-generation supermajorities in both houses of Congress. There are no magic wands, only hard electoral work.
In response to Professor Kyle.
01:01 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Penelope Lowder
A
In response to Dan Wentzel.
What most Dems don’t understand is that most states have a Republican majority. It’s the local elections that matter because oftentimes it’s states that set policy. Duh!
01:23 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Dan Wentzel
A
In response to Penelope Lowder.
Absolutely, if we want the same services, regulations, and laws that exist in CA, NY, IL, MA, HI, WA, OR, MI, MN, etc., then we need to prioritize downballot state and local races in our states.

Everyone wants to vote for a President who waves a magic wand. That's not how federalism works.
01:41 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Dan Wentzel.
Exactly – & not allowing Dems to talk about good economic news cuz there are still poor people is a serious drag on ever achieving a supermajority. Everyone knows we need to make progress...but it's important to tout wins & show that Dems are the ones who actually care about & make that progress.
01:09 PM - Oct 06, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}