Terminator LX
A
thread 1/2
Some Dems are saying sane, centrist Repubs in the House should team up with Dems to elect #HakeemJeffries #speaker . I think that’s a horrible idea. Why would he want to be a speaker when there’s a Repub majority? He can’t count on ANY Repubs to help Dems pass legislation, so what’s the point?
01:49 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Terminator LX
A
thread 2/2
The House would be in the same situation, only now the GQP would blame Hakeem Jeffries for all of their failures. And Speaker Jeffries’ law passing record would start off in the tank. Seems like he would be setting himself up for failure if he took the role.

Am I missing something?
01:52 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Sal E
A
In response to Terminator LX.
Does a sane, centrist Republican exist that could get nominated instead? At this point, I'd maybe even take just sane and non-criminal.
01:54 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Terminator LX
A
In response to Sal E.
Good question! If they exist, I haven’t heard of them. Of course, it’s hard to spotlight normies when there are so many batshit crazy MAQAs acting out for attention.
01:59 PM - Oct 06, 2023
LilTaiz
A
In response to Terminator LX.
Then there is the problem of finding “sane, centrist Republicans”.
01:54 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Terminator LX
A
In response to LilTaiz.
HAH! 😂 Exactly! I wanted to put “sane and centrist” in quotes, but character limits. 😂

I don’t think it would ever happen, but I’m wondering why Dems are even saying this. Don’t give the GQP ideas for how to set Dems up to be the fall guy.
01:56 PM - Oct 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}