Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24
A
So this was the property manager, a 15 minute convo, & lots of talking over me. I was telling him as a disabled person I can't leave the house bc the elevator has been out for 3 months and as I described my difficulties getting mail, etc he started talking over me and that's when I said what I said.
Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24 @tickyree
Told a man to please stop talking over me and it felt fanfuckintastic!
04:41 PM - Oct 06, 2023
05:05 PM - Oct 06, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
In response to Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24.
There's gotta be someone you can talk to about the elevator. That's unacceptable. You pay to have an elevator, it should function.
05:08 PM - Oct 06, 2023
A
In response to John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️.
I agree. I am battling a lot of fronts: physical mobility, depression, anxiety, and worrying about my mom's health. I am emerging into action/self-care, and trying to gather the bandwidth to do the next thing and try to find out who I can talk to for violations of FHA/ADA.
05:14 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24.
Why do people think shouting is making their point? You might be able to report to code enforcement depending on where you are.

Sorry that happened. Your concern is more than valid, and ya prolly signed based on inferred accessibility.
05:08 PM - Oct 06, 2023
A
In response to Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker.
I don't know why they do but I'm going to start a conscious effort to say "please don't talk over me/that's what I said/no," etc and not explaining after "no" and not apologizing for anything at all unless I've actually hurt someone. Our language habits are so strangled by the patriarchy.
05:17 PM - Oct 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}