Arlene Mach
A
Agreed. My father was from Russia and he was orphaned as a young boy due to Russian soldiers killing his father and raping and killing his mother, as my father as a boy watched. My recent research suggests my father wasn’t even Russian, instead Ukrainian or Khazakstani. Makes sense given the current
Deb Prothero @Deb_Prothero
#Ukraine

“Russian culture for me is not ballet or Dovstoevskij, it’s about the bodies of dead civilians left in the streets by their troops. From Syria to Ukraine they think they can do whatever they want and impunity has become part of Russia’s culture” said Oleksandra Matviichuk at WSF2023
11:16 PM - Oct 06, 2023
11:50 PM - Oct 06, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
In response to Arlene Mach.
So sorry to hear of the trauma in your own family. There is so much in that part of the world.
02:07 PM - Oct 07, 2023
Arlene Mach
A
Thank you. I am just now learning the meaning of generational trauma. It was passed on from my dad to his 6 kids born in the USA. Now I feel the trauma the Ukrainians are feeling and I am not even there. It’s as if the pain my father locked inside is bleeding out through me.
In response to Deb Prothero.
02:31 PM - Oct 07, 2023
Deb Prothero
A
In response to Arlene Mach.
Trauma is like that. It forms us and then we pass on those emotional responses. Even those who locked it away created coping skills that affected relationships. Some don't even know why they are the way they are emotionally. No harm in a little quality counselling to improve your life.
02:36 PM - Oct 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}