Dave
A
12:28 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Dave.
Pundits' predictions don't decide.
Polls don't decide.

They may, sometimes, give you an idea of where certain people are right now or what direction they're heading. But not a full picture. And one that can change and does change.

Only the results of the election will decide.
#Vote #VoteBlue
12:37 AM - Oct 08, 2023 (Edited)
Dave
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Of course voting is the key, however, the issue is how the media can take any positive gain for the Biden administration look like doom and gloom. It's ridiculous how the right wing has overtaken the media and skews everything a Democrat does as a negative.
12:44 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Dave.
I get the point. But I must reiterate my opposition to generalized attacks on "the media'.

There are many outlets, and many people. Some are better than others. Treating them all as identical is both sidesism, and it ultimately benefits the fascist narrative (the press are the enemy of the people)
01:05 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Dave
A
Oh please. That's a faulty generalization leaping from legitimate criticism of the press (which is not beyond reproach) to them being the enemy of the people. That they tend to run unfavorable stories of positive news in favor of Trump's antics isn't saying they're the enemy of the people!
01:28 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Dave.
I never said those were your words, but the constant attacks on "the media" nonetheless play into that narrative. How can they not, when people constantly characterize "the media", collectively, as at best misleadingly incompetence, and at worst as corrupt liars?
01:34 AM - Oct 08, 2023 (Edited)
Dave
A
The interesting thing is, those that claim that the media is the enemy of the people have no problem when any news source puts a negative spin on any positive news that comes out of this White House, so it's a total confirmation bias no matter which way the wind blows.
01:39 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Dave.
Well, that is certainly true.

Republicans have adopted Orwellian thinking like no others I've seen.
01:40 AM - Oct 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}