Ola
A
thread 1/8
Israel-Palestine War

Read between the lines and to the end before you comment.

On the timeline, I see people in support of Israeli Netanyahu, and I also see people in support of the Palestine Hamas. You know, the way I see it, if you look at it critically, both sides can be right to some extent.
02:39 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Ola
A
thread 2/8
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own.

War does not determine who is right—only who is left...
02:40 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Ola
A
thread 3/8
The first casualty when war comes is truth. You should understand that people in Israel & Palestine who have absolutely nothing to do with this war are also losing their loved ones & friends who were bombed out while sleeping in their homes. Innocent children & relatives are killed in the crossfire.
02:41 AM - Oct 08, 2023 (Edited)
Ola
A
thread 4/8
Whatever side you belong to or are supporting, it's cruel to expect the parents, families, and friends of the people killed, whether in Israel or Palestine, to come on social media and agree that whoever you are supporting is right and the other is a terrorist or corrupt far-right ogre.
02:42 AM - Oct 08, 2023 (Edited)
Ola
A
thread 5/8
Sometimes people comment on social media based on their personal experiences as citizens living in a war zone.

Many of these people don't even want war but get entangled in what they absolutely know nothing about. War is harmful, not only to the conquered but also to the conqueror.
02:44 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Ola
A
thread 6/8
It has too often been too easy for rulers and governments to incite people to war, which has resulted in innocent people on both sides dying untimely, cruel deaths.

What is going on in Palestine and Israel is really sad on both sides. War is only a cowardly escape from the problems of peace.
02:44 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Ola
A
thread 7/8
They all have to find a way to resolve the crisis diplomatically. It is difficult, but it is not impossible. War will only make it worse. War should not be the solution. An unjust peace is better than a just war

We have to understand that wars can be prevented just as surely as they can be provoked
02:45 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Ola
A
thread 8/8
...and the people who fail to prevent war must also share the guilt of the dead.

War is hell. In war, whichever side may call itself the victor, there are no winners, all are losers because innocent people are killed on both sides.
____
A thought of comfort and condolences to the grieving families!
02:49 AM - Oct 08, 2023
Cornelia Hemmelder
A
In response to Ola.
When I think of all those deads and destructions in Ukraine, in Syria, ...I feel SO bad. How can that be possible ? How can that be accepted ? Because it makes the arms industries flourish ? I fear the world is on a self-destructing path.
08:47 AM - Oct 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}