Jade Hellcat
A
The other day, I made a post on Facebook about how parents should go to therapy so they don’t unload the trauma from their parents onto their kids.
The next morning, my mother messaged me to demand if that post meant I felt traumatized by her parenting & then harassed me about for nearly an hour.
01:25 PM - Feb 25, 2023
DeucesWild Bear
A
In response to Jade Hellcat.
So sorry you had to endure that. My mother, until I was 35 years old, was a very loving, supportive person. For the past 20 years, she & my MAGA father have descended into the abyss that is MAGAism. We have not talked in over 2 years. Got a text from brother - she is in bad cognitive decline.
08:58 PM - Feb 26, 2023
tedi
A
You do not have to put up with anyone harassing you.End the call or the texting or just leave.
01:29 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Jade Hellcat
A
Like… No it wasn’t just my childhood that feels traumatized, mom.
I can’t even give advice to people without you giving me some kind of weird, internalized guilt-trip.
Go to therapy.

Go to therapy.
01:26 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Vani
A
I’m so sorry you’re going through this! Mine used to guilt trip me all the time. I had to cut her out of my life before she went to therapy and realized how to maintain a healthy relationship. It’s not perfect, but it’s miles better. I wish you the best of luck in your journey with your mom! ❤️
01:32 PM - Feb 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}